Backstory?

Firstly, hello, I'm new here, as indicated by my post number and date of joining.Secondly, this may or may not have been talked about, since I was too eager to try and be the first to "think of this" and post it, rather than look if someone else had asked or even thought of it before me. Will we be getting some backstory for the characters? Wilson in particular, but I'd also like to know more about the other characters. Are they related? Or friends? Do they know about each other's existence at all? Perhaps with time we could know who Maxwell is or why we are on this world, trying to survive? Things like that sound like they might be fun. I know the main thing is trying to survive, but wouldn't it be interesting to know more about the characters as well? As well as have some sort of explanation for why or even how we got here in the first place.Thirdly, I am really enjoying playing! I've only played a few times, but managed to unlock Willow and am still on my first (or maybe second? I don't really remember if I died or not yet) play-through with her and am currently on day five. Still kind of new at this but I think I might be getting the hang of it! :D

Welcome!:) The Devs have mentioned in a couple posts that they've written some lore, but they haven't said anything about when we will get to see.

Awesome! Hoping we get to see some Soon, I'm dying of curiosity (also spiders, bees, hunger, forgetting about fire making, etc.).

Also, something I noticed. Is it just me or do all the characters' names (so far - Wilson, Willow, Wendy, Wolfgang) start with W? That's likely intentional, but it somewhat amuses me.I would have added this to my previous comment, but I don't see any way to edit it in. :( Ah, well.Oh, fanart! Is that a thing that can be done? Because I've a few sketches made already. Which is also why I have been asking for backstory and yes. Rambling. Stopping now.

Ciao!My theory is, they all lost at a game of bridge or poker, with a totally evil guy! (dude in suit with rose button hole)xx

Pfffahaha!"And because you lost... I'm sending you on this island to see how long you survive, mwahahaha! *POOF*"That seems a bit unlikely, to me, but somewhat hilarious.

This is from klei's website:You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.