Why are my coffee plants sometimes withering after only 1 harvest?

I haven't had this happen before, but I dug up and replanted about 30 coffee plants, fertilized them, and waited for them to grow, they instantly become withered after I pick them once. In my other runs it's usually after about 5 harvests. I've tried fertilizing them again, but they still wither after 1 harvest after.

Is this a bug or is there just something I'm doing wrong? I haven't had this happen before.

mzJuQLZ.jpg

They seem to have a keep-alive duration from fertilization; if I fertilize them, harvest all, then immediately read books to them so that they happily blossom again (Yes, speaking as the Librarian), I could do more than once. However, if I fertilize them then harvest them, and leave them as red as fire, they somehow wither away to become as dark as Manure.

9 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

You know how some berry bushes wither during summer because of the high world temps?

Here's the reverse, the world temps are too low for the coffee bush.

But you see in this second picture, the coffee bush on the farthest left has less grains than the next on the right below it. Same with the bush next to it a little above on the right and on the next parallel on the same horizontal line. They withered, but the first bush with more grains to the left next to Woodlegs (first picture) didn't. 

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

20160421230501_1.jpg

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

20160421230535_1.jpg

As mentioned before, coffee bushes are reversed berry bushes, they die in cold seasons. As for why the bottom plants did not wither instantly - It's as also mentioned before, because fertilizers give plants keep-alive effect. Poop gives 1 harvest protection to plants, all other fertilizers give 0.5. Which means, that if you harvest just fertilized bush it will not wither instantly, although after harvesting they are no longer protected and can wither any day.

7 minutes ago, IvanX said:

As mentioned before, coffee bushes are reversed berry bushes, they die in cold seasons. As for why the bottom plants did not wither instantly - It's as also mentioned before, because fertilizers give plants keep-alive effect. Poop gives 1 harvest protection to plants, all other fertilizers give 0.5. Which means, that if you harvest just fertilized bush it will not wither instantly, although after harvesting they are no longer protected and can wither any day.

I do know the weather effects change the frequency in which you fertilize coffee bushes and the growing gets delayed in cold seasons, but I insist that my point is also valid. You can observe this next time you are harvesting. If the bush has grown flowers or if the bush has very few grains it tends to wither faster. I've seen this effect on berry bushes as well.

Well, since amount of grains shows how many cycles have passed since last fertilization, then yes, plants that were fertilized last harvest have max amount of flowers :)

Anyways, I've looked through the code, and did not find anything considering wither rate being based on amount of flowers. Could have missed something.

The only blunt thing that code shows, is that coffee plant seasons are reversed, dry season and moonseason are opposite of one another. All plants wither at dry season and bloom at moonseason, coffee exactly opposite.

Archived