There have probably been a lot of people talking about this already, but I think there should be more ways to get food, from mobs that don't fight back. Because right now, the only way to get food without having something attack you is to trap bunnies, or kill a pig or Gobbler while its sleeping. I really think knew passive mobs should be added in, and do you guys have any tips on killing Gobblers?! Thanks! Let me know what you think!!

One hint: put a seed on the ground, stay next to it, always klick on yur feet and wait for birds to come. You will immeadetly attack them and they will drop one morsel and sometimes even a feather. Good luck! (but watch out for KRAMPUS!)

I agree, would be fun if you could get food from mobs without killing them.

Maybe another function for the bird cage: Harvest eggs. ( + feeding the bird would make it fatty )

You can use tooth traps (next to the brush, or next to one 'bait brush') or sleep darts for kill the gobbler. ( Fire darts too, but will set everything on fire )

Also you can harvest the berries without being harassed by it, see my tutorial.

The Dev's are currently looking into making it harder to get food, for example by adding food spoilage. At the moment, it is relatively easy to obtain a steady stream of food from farm plots and things so I don't personally see a need to add more ways of obtaining food. If anything, they should make food more scarce.