Cobblestone floor flooding?

8 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

Does cobblestone floor protect from flooding? Also if I cover my entire island with cobblestone floor the only flooding source will be from full moons but it won't spread during monsoon season?

Yes, they do. All man made flooring prevent flooding from appearing.

Any craftable turf will prevent a puddle from spawning in that spot, but puddles can still spread over that turf. Any turf stops the tide unless you have recently placed it (I don't know why, probably a bug). Puddles can still spawn in the ocean and spread on land, so having an island completely covered with craftable turf will NOT protect you completely from flooding.

1 hour ago, Hobgoblino said:

Any craftable turf will prevent a puddle from spawning in that spot, but puddles can still spread over that turf. Any turf stops the tide unless you have recently placed it (I don't know why, probably a bug). Puddles can still spawn in the ocean and spread on land, so having an island completely covered with craftable turf will NOT protect you completely from flooding.

Tides only flood beach turf, so covering a whole island with man made turf as well as covering the sand would indeed make it flood immune. 

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Tides only flood beach turf, so covering a whole island with man made turf as well as covering the sand would indeed make it flood immune. 

Is it true puddles spawn in the ocean and can spread to land?

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I said any turf will block the tides, which means tides flood only when there's no turf. Beach turf means no turf is placed. Again, covering the whole island with man made turf won't work, because of ocean puddles during Monsoon season (which makes no sense, but still they are a game mechanic).

1 hour ago, NoQuitting said:

Is it true puddles spawn in the ocean and can spread to land?

Yes, I know this from experience.

3 hours ago, Hobgoblino said:

I said any turf will block the tides, which means tides flood only when there's no turf. Beach turf means no turf is placed. Again, covering the whole island with man made turf won't work, because of ocean puddles during Monsoon season (which makes no sense, but still they are a game mechanic).

Yes, I know this from experience.

They actually make more sense than random puddles.

The huge amounts of rain make the amount of water go up(sorry for poor phrasing), and begin to flood the land. Also why Tiger Shark lets her children go out in this season. If I want my baby that can swim and walk to say, learn how to swim, what's a better season than this?

8 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

They actually make more sense than random puddles.

The huge amounts of rain make the amount of water go up(sorry for poor phrasing), and begin to flood the land. Also why Tiger Shark lets her children go out in this season. If I want my baby that can swim and walk to say, learn how to swim, what's a better season than this?

After the fist year, the little tiger shark babies can go out in other seasons including the second pert of Mild Season.

Edit *part

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

After the fist year, the little tiger shark babies can go out in other seasons including the second pert of Mild Season.

Should, logically, or they do that in-game?

(I'm actually asking, TS island is always far from my base so after first moonsoon I kinda never care about it)

2 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Should, logically, or they do that in-game?

(I'm actually asking, TS island is always far from my base so after first moonsoon I kinda never care about it)

My base is next to Tiger Sharks' Island. I know for sure that the can spawn in other seasons, but if this intended or not it not for me to say. All I can tell you is based on my own experience.

14 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

My base is next to Tiger Sharks' Island. I know for sure that the can spawn in other seasons, but if this intended or not it not for me to say. All I can tell you is based on my own experience.

Does it only happen after the first flood season?

Archived