Help Quaken

I have embarked on the task of getting Woodleg the useless out of jail. I have the first two keys now all I need to do is get the Quaken to cough up the last one. I summoned him up- He kicked my butt. I was wearing a life jacket and woke up on another island feeling decidedly dejected. I lost a lot of the good stuff to the ocean that day. I lived and learned. I went out and found more fun toys-spear gun and obsidian axe. Waited 20 days and went out to summon up another one. It didn't show, so I waited another 8 days just in case I miss counted. I went out with another net hoping to bring that monster out this time, again a no show. So I made another net went out, again a no show from the Quaken.

Am I unlucky? Is there something I should be doing or does he only ever show the once and I blew my one chance? Also if you have a brilliant way to kill it- let me know. 

I checked that part of the ocean the only thing there is 3 angry mechanical boats. 

And definitely in the right kind of ocean. Dark deep blue. 

I guess I will just keep trawling and hope I can kill this one. 

I did it!!!

He showed on the very next trawl and I beat his head in with an obsidian ax. Never mind the spear guns I thought would be awesome but not really. 

I killed him, got the key and made for the volcano. Wearing Obsidian armour I felt immortal! I ran in and freed him then waltzed home happily! 

Now- do I have to 'die' to access this character or can any new game I start access him? I did kind of set up this world to give me the best chance at being able to unlock Woodleg. I think I have 3 touchstones... 

39 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Now- do I have to 'die' to access this character or can any new game I start access him? I did kind of set up this world to give me the best chance at being able to unlock Woodleg. I think I have 3 touchstones... 

You can start any new game :D or.... do you feel like playing Woodlegs in your current world? if so and you have access to ROG start a brand new ROG world with Woodlegs and build the Seaworthy so you can travel back to SW and in doing so, you could link Woodlegs to your current SW world so you become Woodlegs! To craft the Sea Worthy in ROG you'll need a Shadow Manipulator ( Sea worthy is right at the bottom of the magic tab when standing next to the manipulator ) and you'll need the following resources to make the Sea Worthy.... Four Nightmare Fuel , Four Living Logs, and The Sea Worther Trinket. You can obtain the trinket by either finding the Bird Wollie on the Shipwrecked Boat along the coast and hammering it down, or you have a random chance of fishing up the Sea Worther Trinket by fishing at flotsams (  I think they're still in ROG right ? ) but anyways have fun on whatever you decide to do :) 

ss+(2016-03-24+at+04.58.53).jpg

4 hours ago, LadyD said:

do I have to 'die' to access this character

You can use the teleportato to generate a new world. I believe that allows selecting a new character for the new world (never used it myself, I always stick with one world until I die). This would bring your items & unlocked recipes to the new world, which may also help with Woodleg's rather steep learning curve.

1 hour ago, stl1234 said:

You can use the teleportato to generate a new world. I believe that allows selecting a new character for the new world (never used it myself, I always stick with one world until I die). This would bring your items & unlocked recipes to the new world, which may also help with Woodleg's rather steep learning curve.

It is true that you can use the Teleportato to select a new character, but from my experiences you don't swap with the starting items of the new characters. (For example, I just switched to Warly and didn't start with the Portable Crockpot or Chef Pouch). So while you can change character without dying and keep items / recipes, you won't be able to use the Lucky Hat and The Sea Legs immediately. Not so much of a problem, but just wanted you warn @LadyD:)

Archived