Charlie hits you when you have a torch in your hand

This has only happened to me since Shipwrecked. I often will switch my torch during night time and I notice that charlie will hit and kill me even when the torch is in my hand. Is this a glitch or a new horrible feature or just something I never noticed. I always switch my torch when I start to hear the charlie noise and for a fact the light was around my character yet they still die.

37 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hmm... this is possibly a bug, since I haven't heard of any changes to Charlie...

Were you lagging when this happened? Sometimes when I lag, I try to switch to the torch but can't do it in time and Charlie ends up attacking me.

It happened to me playing Shipwrecked multiple times now and my computer has not lagged at all. I very clearly see light around my character before I die.

27 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

Well if you switched to the torch the very exact moment charlie made an attack then it can happen, other wise stay near light.

I go on night adventures all the time switching the torch on and off to conserve on my torch, every time I hear charlie I equip the light for a second. This first happened to me in Shipwrecked playing as Walani and I thought it was really cheap that I died and maybe it was just an accident of me not clicking fast enough but then it just happened again where very clearly my torch lighted around me and then bam I dropped dead.

42 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

As walani? Meaning. you didn't have a sail. Meaning, you paddled. And obviously, you cant have a torch while paddling. 

I believe with the surf board you can hold the torch because there is no paddle, I do it all the time. But in these 2 instances I was actually running around on land when charlie got me. I can probably reproduce it with a little video, dark (charlie noise) (take torch out) (light shining) (then I hear the hit noise and drop dead) this might be a feature but I never noticed this happening before.

Just now, NoQuitting said:

I believe with the surf board you can hold the torch because there is no paddle, I do it all the time. But in these 2 instances I was actually running around on land when charlie got me. I can probably reproduce it with a little video, dark (charlie noise) (take torch out) (light shining) (then I hear the hit noise and drop dead) this might be a feature but I never noticed this happening before.

I think you still use your hands while surfing though, so...yeah. 

22 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

it might be a bug....possible...I really wish they would bring realistic burning of trees in DST to DS-ROG,SW...and specially the multiple coal gain aswell...

I really am disappointed at the fact that many things were polished out in DST but SW got made in the old version of DS released before DST...Its like different teams work without communicating or even looking at each other work.

16 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

it might be a bug....possible...I really wish they would bring realistic burning of trees in DST to DS-ROG,SW...and specially the multiple coal gain aswell...

I really am disappointed at the fact that many things were polished out in DST but SW got made in the old version of DS released before DST...Its like different teams work without communicating or even looking at each other work.

how does burning stuff work in dst?

a tree in DST burns the same amount of time the logs it gives when they are used in a fire pit, say a log provides 30 secs of fuel for firepit so tree will burn the same amount of time including other things like for example wooden boards, glommer goop  etc.

And it also gives upto 2 to 4 charcoal pieces rather then just 1

Archived