Eruption + Effigy = DAMN SON!

10th day of first dry season. I had many worlds before this one, each one lasted less than one in-game year, so I decided to take Wilson - beard is love, beard is life they said. I have to admit.

It was one of less lucky world generation. There were worlds with Volcano, Slot machine and Yarrctopus close to each other + Dumbrella in Steamer Trunk, but now I just found fancy-shaped island, so decided to stay there and don't waste days on exploring. For first time, I managed to kill Sealnado, so I got excited. During dry season I found slot machine and Tigershark den, so it was getting even more cool. I survived 4 or 5 eruptions, and another one was going to happen. Jumped on my trusty armored boat with cool turbine and Dragoon Eggs stared falling from the sky. One of those has landed on my. Gosh, I died! Respawned via Meat Effigy in my camp, just to see my camp getting rekt - eruption was still happening! Of course died.

Is it supposed to be like that? It was my best world (no Volcano and Yarrctopus found but I had some fancy stuff and treasure in skull setpiece) :C Effigy respawns player in the start of next day, am I right? So, why this stuff happened?

3 hours ago, stl1234 said:

I agree it is kind of harsh for the thing that killed you to follow you to your place of resurrection and still try to kill you immediately after resurrection.

*cough* dragonfly experiences *cough*

It's a learning experience. My base got destroyed in the same way. Lesson: never put meat effigies directly in your base. Put them about 2 screens away with a fridge/thermal stone inside. So when you die by the falling rocks and revive, there is nothing important around you. Every death is a learning experience. Trust me, your next world will be better! Try not to worry too much about what you lost =)

Archived