NEW QUACKEN DROPS!?

57 minutes ago, Kill3r86X said:

i think they made it so to make the fight vs the very first sealnado an easier fight. he can be tough if the player has no strong armor to withstand the suck in attack or the speed boost to escape into the safe distance due to strong wind in hurricane season.

so the quackens loot is awesome armor and 25% speed boost to prepare for the first sealnado and the rest of the stuff is generally to supply the player with vital stuff for base building and crafting, thus the corals to start the chiminea, a blueprint which might helps in the beginning of the game, dubloons which could all be crafted to nuggets for structures such as the lightning rod or alchemy engine etc.

the problem with this is that the loot really gets less interesting after a few years into the game, but hasn't it been like this for every giant in ds?

if the quackens purpose really is to buff the player for the sealnado fight and give out freebies for faster base building, then maybe we could have a bottled treasure spawning with us next to the shipwreck where we'll be greeted by the parrot in the beginning of a new world. this treasure could have all the stuff from the quacken chest and then instead we could have unique loot from the quacken kill.

You can just use a boulder as cover, if it is between you and the Sealnado, he can't suck you in.

I just thought of something that could be pretty cool. I don't know how to make a portmanteau of this with the quacken, but some device that stops the world clock for a certain amount of time (say the equivalent of 8 segments).

All world events would be delayed – that means an impending hound attack, an impending volcano eruption, the arrival of the sealnado. This could also be helpful for when you're just not ready for night to come or the first rain during monsoon season or whatever. Something like the panflute that when played, will halt the clock, delaying all world events that were about to happen. I think that could be a very useful, unique item.

9 hours ago, Kill3r86X said:

i think they made it so to make the fight vs the very first sealnado an easier fight. he can be tough if the player has no strong armor to withstand the suck in attack or the speed boost to escape into the safe distance due to strong wind in hurricane season.

so the quackens loot is awesome armor and 25% speed boost to prepare for the first sealnado and the rest of the stuff is generally to supply the player with vital stuff for base building and crafting, thus the corals to start the chiminea, a blueprint which might helps in the beginning of the game, dubloons which could all be crafted to nuggets for structures such as the lightning rod or alchemy engine etc.

the problem with this is that the loot really gets less interesting after a few years into the game, but hasn't it been like this for every giant in ds?

if the quackens purpose really is to buff the player for the sealnado fight and give out freebies for faster base building, then maybe we could have a bottled treasure spawning with us next to the shipwreck where we'll be greeted by the parrot in the beginning of a new world. this treasure could have all the stuff from the quacken chest and then instead we could have unique loot from the quacken kill.

I didn't think about it like that.

Makes sense. However though, it can be summoned once a season and the loot you can possibly get from it is really not that varied, so pretty much past early game, its not worth it. 

Also, judging by Tiger Shark and Sealnado, SW's take on giant drops is different.

Eyes of the Tiger Shark and Turbine Blades are good for just 1 craftable(which are both great). Magic Seal and Shark Gills however, are the standard "you have to kill the giant twice to get both of the craftables, and one is better than the other".

Archived