[Suggestion] Ocean Flow in SW like roads in RoG

Hi there, 

My apologies if anyone has posted something like this.

I needed come to here to suggest a little improvement in how we find the importants things in SW, then let's think: 

In don't starve RoG we've the roads (example: stone road) and makes it easy the search, I would like to see the roads in the form of ocean flow (we could have the calm ocean flow, and the other one most intense over the sea), to facilitate the search for the "slot machine",  "Yaarctopus" and "Packim Baggims" beyond the volcano. I particularly found packim baggims two times among 10 or 12 maps i'd created. At least for me, it's hard. 

In my most recent map, I just found the slot machine because a treasure map, and it was in the other side of the map (I wouldn't find it). 

To found the volcano for example the character could complain that the water is getting warm for him.

Maybe the team of devs already has an idea, and will add this in the right moment, i want to believe that something like this will be added until the game be officially released 

Thank you very much in advance. :D

I like the idea of voice lines and visual clues more than currents. This is because the currents would just get irritating once you've found all the stuff.

Slot machine could have dubloons in the water, acting like a trail of bread crumbs sorts thing.

Volcano could cause your temperature to increase.

Yaarctopus...

IDFK about the Yaarctopus.

Subtle hints seem better. Something that is slightly out of place but requires you to pay attention in order to find it.
But honestly i like shipwrecked because it forces you to get out there and actively explore and look for important things and when you do find it, it feels pretty damn good. Having something that would practically lead you to all the important things would kill off a lot of the fun and difficulty (which is sorta why i stopped playing solo prior to SW).

Perhaps something like the suspicious bubbles that point you in the right direction.  Like a small arrow of dubloons on an island pointing towards the slot machine or a shipwreck leaning towards where the yar is hiding. Something small that just points the right way.

3 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

Slot machine could have dubloons in the water, acting like a trail of bread crumbs sorts thing.

Volcano could cause your temperature to increase.

I like the idea of the dubloons in the water, it will work like a trail indeed.

2 hours ago, Urfable said:

Subtle hints seem better. Something that is slightly out of place but requires you to pay attention in order to find it.

I agree with you, trails to find the "things" or then something like the character speaking a hint. Well, Wilson says "I'm Rich" when inspect the dubloons. He could say phases like "Today is my lucky day" or another one always with the irony that I love in DS. :lol: 

I only want something to facilitate the search of this items, the map in shipwrecked for me, has a huge area.

Archived