Yaarctopus' Sleep

I know, I know, it's been brought up before(I don't think anyone brought it up recently though), but here's a thought:

Maybe Yaarctopus, instead of going to sleep after every trade, would go to sleep after 1 big trade, as well as after a few small trades with enough value to match that.

Basically(ignore the random values I'm gonna throw out, they're purely for example purposes), all the dishes that Yaar will give special things for(Ceviche, Surf 'N' Turf, etc.) equal 2, trinkets equal 1, and the fish you can give Yaar equal 0.5.

Sleepiness should be induced with food, just like the real life. He should not go to sleep when trading trinkets. He should go to sleep when certain amount of calories are reached within a day with food items.

4 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

what's the point of trading with him anymore except for dubloons and free spyglasses?...

Free Clothsails when i don't feel like chopping a buttload of Bamboo and want to preserve Flint/Gold but otherwise he's pretty ehh.

If he would at least give a bit more then just 1 Dubloon for most trades he would be a bit more viable but really you can't go on a tradingspree with him like you can with the Pigking.

Well maybe he's a lot better if the Slot is also semi close to him so you can give him Food and then use the Dubloon right at the SLotmachine for extra loot.

2 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Free Clothsails when i don't feel like chopping a buttload of Bamboo and want to preserve Flint/Gold but otherwise he's pretty ehh.

If he would at least give a bit more then just 1 Dubloon for most trades he would be a bit more viable but really you can't go on a tradingspree with him like you can with the Pigking.

Well maybe he's a lot better if the Slot is also semi close to him so you can give him Food and then use the Dubloon right at the SLotmachine for extra loot.

The only thing worthful that I found about him was getting lightbottles (limited bioluminescence source in game) and nothing else, I mean he doesn't even give the equal value of 1 gold to 1 meat piece like pig king...and that's going for one day only...what a greedy octopus..

Just now, voyager156 said:

He should only sleep at night - like the pig king. This was ok in RoG should, be ok in here...

Yeah...it just seems completely illogical even by senseless game standards...

7 minutes ago, SoggyNachos said:

Unless I'm wrong, isn't he a good source of loot in the early game?

2 dubloons and 1 seaweed for 1 fish steak for 1 day?...I'll go on the volcano instead...

7 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

The only thing worthful that I found about him was getting lightbottles (limited bioluminescence source in game) and nothing else, I mean he doesn't even give the equal value of 1 gold to 1 meat piece like pig king...and that's going for one day only...what a greedy octopus..

Yeah...it just seems completely illogical even by senseless game standards...

2 dubloons and 1 seaweed for 1 fish steak for 1 day?...I'll go on the volcano instead...

true that.

I've always wondered why he's called something along the lines of "octopussking" in the prefabs.

What is he the king of? there's no other pirate octopi I see.

Just now, SoggyNachos said:

true that.

I've always wondered why he's called something along the lines of "octopussking" in the prefabs.

What is he the king of? there's no other pirate octopi I see.

there is the quacken as well...but I think he is more of a squid rather then octopus...both are cephalopods tho...

Archived