The last volcanic eruption is ridiculous

Seriously??? I thought multiple eruptions in a row were bad enough, but now you guys SPED UP THE PROJECTILES??? I didn't even have enough time to react to the falling rocks, died multiple times, and just prayed that I wouldn't run out of touchstones before the eruption ended. I don't know when the change was implemented, but it is not fun and leaves no room for counter-play. Please fix I'm ranting.

6 hours ago, uberseed said:

Seriously??? I thought multiple eruptions in a row were bad enough, but now you guys SPED UP THE PROJECTILES??? I didn't even have enough time to react to the falling rocks, died multiple times, and just prayed that I wouldn't run out of touchstones before the eruption ended. I don't know when the change was implemented, but it is not fun and leaves no room for counter-play. Please fix I'm ranting.

I had that too!

My volcano season ended at day 81 (so it lasts 20 days)

and the last 3 days are an insane bombardment with dobble speed 2-3 times per day.

(I got 39 obsidian and 5 dragoon hearts out of it and almost half the bombs landed in the sea)

I think that is a bug, there was something in the patch notes with: "fixed an issue where all seasons last 20 days or something like that".

2 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

I had that too!

My volcano season ended at day 81 (so it lasts 20 days)

and the last 3 days are an insane bombardment with dobble speed 2-3 times per day.

(I got 39 obsidian and 5 dragoon hearts out of it and almost half the bombs landed in the sea)

I think that is a bug, there was something in the patch notes with: "fixed an issue where all seasons last 20 days or something like that".

Yea its meant to be 15 days not 20 so i guess the volcano is a RAGE mode for the last five days instead of one. Only way to fix it is start a new world/world jump.

Just now, JimmyJam said:

Yea its meant to be 15 days not 20 so i guess the volcano is a RAGE mode for the last five days instead of one. Only way to fix it is start a new world/world jump.

Yeah those last few days were the hardest Don't Starve survival I ever had...that Bullethell Perma Death Mode

I'd rather fight the DST Dragonfly alone with Wendy or try to survive without gold for a year in ROG, than doing that again.

Update: I realized that the bombs now deal 300 damage instead of insta-death like it used to be. So basically I can wear both helmet and seashell suit and then take 15 damage per bomb. Still rough, but it's more manageable now.

1 hour ago, uberseed said:

Update: I realized that the bombs now deal 300 damage instead of insta-death like it used to be. So basically I can wear both helmet and seashell suit and then take 15 damage per bomb. Still rough, but it's more manageable now.

I find being on land more useful then being on water during dry season since dragon eggs started falling, wear  a good armour and get on a magma turf or something and collect loot.

That was... intense. In last 3 days, there is a warning at every segment, you basically have 2 minutes between eruptions (one ending and other starting). The dragoon eggs became so frequent that before one hits the ground, the next starts falling. I didn't notice them falling faster though. I got 7 stacks of rocks, 4 stacks of flints, 2 stacks of charcoal, and about 30 obsidian, despite about a third of the eggs landing in the ocean.

Yes indeed. OK, it's day 80, I've had more or less constant bombardment for three days, new bombs are falling already while others are hitting the ground/sea. Avoiding one you run into another. Yes, they are surely falling faster, and more often, and it's relentless. They said they fixed the 20 day seasons, why does the volcano still try so very hard to kill me? It succeeded, but tbh, by that point, I was over it anyway! Gnomes save me from another endless summer!!  

I felt the same way about the eruptions. I saved a "One True Earring" that I had found until day 76 so that I could avoid the most intense bombardments. Either I don't understand how the Altar of Snackrifice works or it is currently bugged. Whenever I would leave the volcano, it would completely eliminate all pacifiers I had sacrificed. Very annoying

Quick tip. Hanging out in the mangrove biomes during eruptions is excellent for easily harvesting logs and twigs

Archived