Good ways to keep Woodleg's sanity up?

Loving Woodlegs so far, but sadly it seems all clothes besides the tam aren't enough to keep up with his sanity drain on land, and since the Pirate Hat got nerfed that isn't an option either, ironically. 

So what are some good ways to keep his sanity in check? So far I've built raft next to the shore with a firepit so nighttime doesn't completely wreck his sanity. Flowers and seashells work too but I'll run out eventually. Surf n' Turf might work too.

It really discourages building a camp, which sucks with all the loot clogging up my inventory so I need to build chests on land. So what have you guys done so far to deal with the sanity issue? So far the Mangrove biome seems to have potential with grass and twigs growing in water.

seashells, sand, and palm leafs are easy enough to stack up and all renewable. Why not make a sand castle every night and when crafting for a while; be careful to stand right next to it!

If you can find a place of green mushrooms cooking them is a great way to keep sanity up.

Once you find a spider nest build a tent with the silk. In the meantime if you find lots of grass you can always use straw rolls for less efficiency or on the go sleep.

Also more reason to build a bee farm you can make a bunch of taffy.

2 hours ago, PanAzej said:

I quickly gather resources for Shadow Manipulator (getting Purple Gem is really easy since you WILL get it from one of the treasures) and jump to RoG and get myself a Tam'o'Shanter. Then I come back.

Sounds easy. isn't as easy as you think. What about living logs? How are you gonna keep up the tam? Since the goal is to get tam and jump back. And you're not gonna have the resources to constantly make sewing kits, at that stage in the game. Woodlegs' sanity needs to be tweaked heavily.

1 hour ago, BoopLord said:

Sounds easy. isn't as easy as you think. What about living logs? How are you gonna keep up the tam? Since the goal is to get tam and jump back. And you're not gonna have the resources to constantly make sewing kits, at that stage in the game. Woodlegs' sanity needs to be tweaked heavily.

One Totally-Normal Tree is enough for a Shadow Manipulator, and there are 2 per world. If you aren't lucky enough to quickly find one in SW, then you'll surely find one in RoG. Or even a Treeguard setpiece.

Sewing kits are really easy to get in RoG. Hounds spawn from Hound Mounds, there are skulls you can hammer on the desert (where you can also get cacti to easily keep your sanity up for some time) which drop Teeth too. There's also plenty of Spider Dens in RoG, so there's your Silk.

Deciduous Forest is full of mushrooms, as well as the Swamp - for your sanity. You can also craft lots of stuff. I was crafting lots of items just so I have the recipe unlocked (I want to have all recipes unlocked from SW and RoG... That's my little accomplishment I wanted to make) and getting plenty of sanity that way.

Heck, most of the time I don't even regain his sanity. Free Nightmare Fuel for me. I jumped from SW to RoG on day 17. I'm currently on Day 12 in RoG (Autumn). And that's my second try, since the first time I got killed because I couldn't find that Seaworther-thingie to go back...

4 hours ago, PanAzej said:

One Totally-Normal Tree is enough for a Shadow Manipulator, and there are 2 per world. If you aren't lucky enough to quickly find one in SW, then you'll surely find one in RoG. Or even a Treeguard setpiece.

Sewing kits are really easy to get in RoG. Hounds spawn from Hound Mounds, there are skulls you can hammer on the desert (where you can also get cacti to easily keep your sanity up for some time) which drop Teeth too. There's also plenty of Spider Dens in RoG, so there's your Silk.

Deciduous Forest is full of mushrooms, as well as the Swamp - for your sanity. You can also craft lots of stuff. I was crafting lots of items just so I have the recipe unlocked (I want to have all recipes unlocked from SW and RoG... That's my little accomplishment I wanted to make) and getting plenty of sanity that way.

Heck, most of the time I don't even regain his sanity. Free Nightmare Fuel for me. I jumped from SW to RoG on day 17. I'm currently on Day 12 in RoG (Autumn). And that's my second try, since the first time I got killed because I couldn't find that Seaworther-thingie to go back...

There's just one last problem. Finding the novelty ride.

5 hours ago, BoopLord said:

There's just one last problem. Finding the novelty ride.

You gotta explore and get lucky. There's not much I can tell you about that. Just like Pig King... except Pig King was way, way easier to find, also not relying on luck.

Archived