Issue with hounds

Is nobody else gonna question the stupidity of having hounds on a tropical island? Can you please at least skin them to look like hyenas, something that fits the theme of Shipwrecked, cause at the moment I can only picture that this is what's attacking me...      

jo.PNG.6a2cd00423edf5551b9315264282c4c8.

2 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Is nobody else gonna question the stupidity of having hounds on a tropical island? Can you please at least skin them to look like Hyenas or maybe even make them boars, something that fits the theme of Shipwrecked, cause at the moment I can only picture this...      

jo.PNG.6a2cd00423edf5551b9315264282c4c8.

Hounds ensure the player is always on their toes, so I think its nice that they're still in Shipwrecked. Also, maybe hounds wanted to sun bathe? (The Red hounds anyway...)

Just now, SuperPsiPower said:

Hounds ensure the player is always on their toes, so I think its nice that they're still in Shipwrecked. Also, maybe hounds wanted to sun bathe? (The Red hounds anyway...)

Oh no, you misunderstand. I'm not saying get rid of them, we need them for that exact purpose you mentioned. However, they should be replaced with something that fits the Shipwrecked theme. Really at the moment, it feels like Klei is being cheap and just recycling its content.  

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Oh no, you misunderstand. I'm not saying get rid of them, we need them for that exact purpose you mentioned. However, they should be replaced with something that fits the Shipwrecked theme. Really at the moment, it feels like Klei is being cheap and just recycling its content.  

But they're so loveable! Also Red and blue Hyenas sounds complicated :p or maybe...THEY DOG PADDLED TO SHIPWRECKED.

I think they're fine as they are now, but I get what you're saying. Though having them as hyenas wouldn't be much better; hyenas are only in Africa that I'm aware of, so a large land mass safari, not tropical islands. Maybe they could have some kind of really excited large iguanas or something. Personally I think it'd be great if the hounds were turned into actual bloodhounds in sunglasses, though I feel I might die of laughter while trying to fight them... 

5 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

It kills the immersion for me tbh.

Also, I wasn't aware they had seasonal hounds in SW.

What about the fact that the hounds can magically appear on islands small enough to traverse in less than a day...? >.>

8 hours ago, ruthlace said:

I think they're fine as they are now, but I get what you're saying. Though having them as hyenas wouldn't be much better; hyenas are only in Africa that I'm aware of, so a large land mass safari, not tropical islands. Maybe they could have some kind of really excited large iguanas or something. Personally I think it'd be great if the hounds were turned into actual bloodhounds in sunglasses, though I feel I might die of laughter while trying to fight them... 

Yeah, I know, but at least it's closer-ish. Maybe jungle wolves? Those are actually a thing.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

What about the fact that the hounds can magically appear on islands small enough to traverse in less than a day...? >.>

Yeah, but at least if they were Hyenas, I would get the feeling that they were living there and not just a "copy and paste" from Vanilla.

14 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

But they're so loveable! Also Red and blue Hyenas sounds complicated :p or maybe...THEY DOG PADDLED TO SHIPWRECKED.

Wait...

What if...

If you get on a boat to escape hounds...

They just clumsily doggy paddle towards you?

And if they were in deep water, they'd lose health until they drown.

Archived