The base/house design for the Dodo

45 minutes ago, FuriousBr said:

I did not understand

He was asking if lureplants could appear on the ground inside the dodo house.

And the answer is that I don't think they ever could:

self.validTileTypes = {4,5,6,7,30,31,45,46,47,54,62}

Which, referring to constants.lua, translates to: dirt, savanna, grass, forest, deciduous, desert, beach, jungle, "swamp" (this isn't tidal marsh or normal marsh, so I'm not sure what this is?), tidal marsh, and... 62 doesn't exist. Notably, meadow was left out, but that's probably accidental.

However, that would allow a lureplant to spawn on the jungle turf around the pen, and eyeplants might be able to spawn there, so we have to check that as well:

local validtiletypes =
{
    GROUND.DIRT,
    GROUND.SAVANNA,
    GROUND.GRASS,
    GROUND.FOREST,
    GROUND.MARSH,
    GROUND.CAVE,
    GROUND.FUNGUS,
    GROUND.SINKHOLE,
    GROUND.MUD,
    GROUND.DECIDUOUS,

GROUND.BEACH,
    GROUND.JUNGLE,
    GROUND.SWAMP,
    GROUND.TIDALMARSH,
    GROUND.MEADOW,
}

Fortunately that one's much more readable, and it does look like it should exclude the magma turf of the pen. So that doydoy pen should be safe from lureplants.

Looks so awesome! How it works ? you can walk in/out and Doy doy cannot (maybe its obvious, but I am not really familiar with those wall stuff ;) ) ? When i playing don't starve i usually struggling for life and I have no time for such a creative work :D

43 minutes ago, lordbebech said:

Parece tão incrível! Como funciona ? você pode andar in / out e Doy Doy não pode (talvez o seu óbvio, mas eu não sou muito familiarizado com essas coisas parede ;))? Quando eu jogar não morrer de fome eu costumo lutar pela vida e não tenho tempo para um trabalho tão criativo: D

Normal a home for the dodos, I come out of his nest anytime =)

Archived