Dannyrulx

Hello everyone! Dannyrulx here, and after playing a bit of the classic tabletop RPG, wanted to roleplay a bit with you guys! The backstory is this: 

A 23 year old Woman in London England, has gone missing (named Anna) and a rag-tag group are looking for her. It's lovecraftian, so expect elder gods, cultists, dying over, and over, and over, and insanity. I'll be a dungeon master(ish) as well as...

My Char:

Name: Roman Bowhood

Job: Private Investigator

Connection to Anna: Hired by Sister to locate ( if someone would RP as the sister, that would be nice)

Skills/ Personality: Charming, Owns firearms, can use firearms, light drinker, flirt, can be retardedly annoying, pyromaniac, stealthy, patient.

Special: Has a cat named Samson.

Same vein: we're all humans, please include a negative in "personality/skills" and when we get enough, I'll kick it off!

(P.S, Kudos to those that remember me)

(P.P.S if someone can get me a fresh profile pic...)

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 1

Extra notes:

This is in modern-day London, with a noir(ish) setting, obviously with the Chthulu/Lovecraft thrown in.

You don't have to be directly connected to Anna, just care about her enough that you would reasonably investigate her dissaperence.

Lastly, this is based of off a tabletop RPG where this exchange has litterally happened:

"Roll to pass a will test:"

*Rolls*

"You're now insane"

*DM rolls*

"A cultist just stabbed you."

Another player: "I'll shoot the cultist" *Rolls*

DM: You critted your own guy.

Original guy: *Flips board* *walks out*

TL;DR? Basically; Char's will die, have backups.

You might've noticed that I've spelled Khtuhlu's name in different ways, that's because his name is supposed to be unpronounceable, which is often a running joke.

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 1

Name: Halan Laefin

Job: Student [Astronomy], interested in the supernatural and mysteries

Connection to Anna: While on a trip to England for studying purposes, he saw the article of the girl going missing and, attracted by the mystery, decided to join the group, hoping to find proof of his theories

Skills: Knows the stars (orientation), minor knowledge of mechanics. 

Disadvantages: While he's attracted to the supernatural he also fears it. The Unknown is scary...

Special: Has a telescope and a pocket spyglass, notebooks to write on and books. 

Tiny backstory:

When he was a kid he used to stay at his grandparents house, in the Italian countryside. One day, his grandfather went missing when he was working on the farm, never to be found...

Years later, he started traveling around the world, studying and collecting informations about anything mysterious, from possible Ido crash sites to haunted houses, trying to find what is "pulling the strings"

Ahh, the infamous " was hospilatized " incident. Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Not intentional. I do like that new entry, very in the theme of things. Although, being scared of something that literally turns you insane might. It be the best...

Edit: Just saw the small print. Eldric lore not required, just being fine with many murdered characters.

Edited by Dannyrulx

Because I'm bored, initial backup character if Roman dies/goes insane.

Name: Madeline Wakeson

Job: Psychiatrist

Connection to Anna: None, looking for her brother; Roman.

Skills/ Personality: Cynical, dry, wispy, caffeine has no affect on her, enjoys running and has loads of stamina, can't take a hit.

Special: Inherited Samson, familiar with mental illnesses, including (don't ask) elder-gods induced insanity.

• Like 1

Name: Tom Parker 

Job: Paperboy

Connection to Anna: She hasn't paid for her last paper. He's worried.

Skills/Personality: Pretty friendly. Always wants to help. Gets overly scared when bad things happen. Can be annoying at times. Full of energy, but can be really stealthy if needed.

Special: Has a pretty neat satchel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(OOOOOOHHHHH I GET IT HIS LAST NAME IS PARKER AND HE WORKS FOR THE NEWS PAPER

Danny, you have to get this guy bit by some spider Eldrich being and get powers from it! You have to!!!)

(This character is both retarded, and completely helpless.

HE'S PERFECT! PERFECT I SAY!)

(He could always do a pact with Hastur, although that's a guaranteed insanity after a certain amount of time... I'll see what I can do...)

• Like 1

TTTTIIIIMMMMEE TO KICK THIS BABY OFF!

So!

"I can't believe this. I get hired to find a missing sister, and now a freaking paperboy and a student are tagging along?" Roman lit a cigarette and puffed on it. "Fine, but if you get hurt, don't expect me to cry over it. I have an idea where to start the investigation, so follow me."

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 1

"They sure can't get the money I don't have, ahah."

Halan puts a hand on the space between his neck and shoulder, as per usual when nervous.

"So...do you have any clues mr Roman?"

(I assume the characters already know each other? Also, is Roman going to pay them for helping in the search?)

Edited by DwerBomb