The tale of the indelible quote and not being able to see/edit the raw post. Please.. this is excruciating

Arcita

Okay, so I quote somebody in a thread. Wait, on second thought, never mind. I don't want to post. 

A day later, I'm perusing the same thread and I want to quote somebody else. I click the quote button. Nothing happens. I click again. Nothing happens. ... Uh what is going on? I reload and click quote again. Nothing. A few minutes pass while I try to troubleshoot what on earth is happening.

Finally I notice that the quote I clicked on yesterday is still in the reply box and it's preventing me from quoting someone else. That's weird, but okay. I'll just delete it. Simple stuff. 

I click into the reply and I hit backspace to delete. The browser takes me to the previous page. Okay I click back into the thread. I try to use the delete button on it. Nope. I click into the quote itself and delete the text. Then I hit backspace again. Browser takes me to previous page. Reload. Try every assortment of left clicks and right clicks trying my damnedest just to delete a freakin' quote that will apparently haunt me forever unless I find the secret code. Is it just hopeless? Surely there's a secret code. I scan over my options hoping that I can get the raw text and just delete it. Nope. 

After around 5 minutes I notice some text pop up as my cursor hovers over. "hold control and right click for more options". 

o_o

o_____o

O_________O

@JoeW why can we no longer edit the raw post? :'/

3 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Did you try the delete key? How about CTRL+F to get inside of the quotation, then delete it from there?

Nah, like I say in the post, what you have to do is hover over the quote then press control and right click, and a menu pops up with the option to remove the quote. 

3 minutes ago, Arcita said:

Nah, like I say in the post, what you have to do is hover over the quote then press control and right click, and a menu pops up with the option to remove the quote. 

Oh, so it's solved. I haven't realised :p

A day after the upgrade, JoeW claimed the plain text view is something he'd be working on. I also read that he initially thought it'd work for everybody, so it probably works for him and he either forgot or has more important business to attend to.

Archived