Volcano General Discussion [Spoilers Guaranteed]

In regards to the Altar of Snackrifice, I'm assuming that the sort of lava trail that runs up the structure is a countdown to the next eruption? I found eggs to be a pretty simple way of appeasing the altar (doing so causes the lava trail to decrease). Unfortunately, while this seems to prevent the eruption from occurring whilst I am exploring the volcano, it seems to (currently) have no correspondence to how often the volcano erupts on the overworld. Even when the altar is fully appeased, which I'm assuming is when there is no lava visible on the altar and the basin where you submit items is closed, I can leave the volcano immediately and then have an eruption occur on the Ocean pretty much straight away. I'm not sure if it's working as intended, but the wiki page states that full appeasement means that the eruption will not take place for 4 days. Anyone else tried messing much with the altar?

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Dragoon is a real word,  an old-fashioned term for cavalry in the army. 

So is Beefalo as it happens, except the real world versions aren't hairy, but usually the Klei naming scheme is combining two things into one

splumonkeys, spelunk(ing) and monkey

Beefalo, buffalo and beef

Kolefant, I assume is Koala and Elephant

Okay I just died in volcano and respawned through a meat effigy. Now I am stuck with the 0 hp bug.

Not the point. My point is that I lost almost all hp from overheating even though I had an Ice cube on my head. I can't be on top of the volcano when its erupting? Also, the altar takes only one "snack" per day... Is the altar there only to prevent eruptions if we want to stay on top of the volcano for the summer? I thought we could give it stuff and then we could go about our business after giving it enough "snacks".

11 hours ago, grekon said:

I can't be on top of the volcano when its erupting?

You can with an ice amulet. Heck, you can probably stand right on the rim of the volcano DURING an eruption with no problem when you're wearing an ice amulet, I'd bet.

Also, the 0 hp bug is fixable by merely using console to give yourself some HP and reloading the game. That's how I fixed the issue for myself. I genuinely don't consider it cheating if you give yourself 30 or so HP just so the game starts working again.

Archived