Terrible problem

...at least for me.

I bought the game yesterday, 9/1 -13, and I love it so far, the sense of dread for your life, the rewarding experience of making your way towards independens, the great humor and chilling audio. This game is most certainly going to go down as a favorite for me.

But, the problem I have run into and that is crippling my experience is that your progress disappears upon a computer crash. Twice already after just a couple hours of playing, my computer has crashed and I've lost hours of progress and experience.

There is nothing more frustrating than that. So my suggestion is simply to try and implant an auto-save feature, like every 5-10 minutes, I realize this might be exploitable, like if you die could potentially simply turn off your computer fast and it'll be like it never happened or something, but if someone choses to do that it's their own choice, their own enjoyment that will suffer. I on the other hand don't do that, but my enjoyment suffers a great deal when 2-3 hours into a life my computer decides to take a nap and I lose everything I worked for.

That is my suggestion, I would like to hear opinions and feedback.

I hope this thread gets read by the developers and that they give it a thought, because I really like this game but it is a shame if it falls short because of a flaw like this.

Edit extension:

So I just read one announcent thread in which it stood that it auto-saves every morning. I like to think this works, but when I load up the game after crashing there is no Continue option in the main menu.

So, is the auto-save for something else, like the things you have unlocked with the science machine or so? 'Cause I have to start from scratch after a crash except for unlocking stuff.

Edited by Withermore

If you are playing on Steam, do you have Steam Cloud on?

There are known issues (which i experienced myself) that with Steam Cloud off, it won't save properly.

Check it, and if it's on and you still have that issue, come back.

Oh, and you should probably fix that problem with your computer crashing ._.

Well, so far I have played eight lives, and crashed and lost progress in four of them..

I play through steam and use Steam Cloud, does not do anything..

I'm wondering, it says you can import worlds, does that mean I can save and exit maybe every 5 nights or so, make a backup of the world and then reinstate the saved world if it happens to disappear due to a crash, much like in Minecraft, where worlds sometimes disappears if you crash?

Like I wrote, whenever I crash, and restart the game after a reboot, there is no longer a Continue option, the world is still there, the landscape that is. But nothing I have done is there, its just a new game.

Is there any way I can manually save my progress every now and then?

Is there any way I can manually save my progress every now and then?

Nothing short of exiting the game. Then it would auto-save your progress. If you do this, restart the game, and it lets you continue, then you'll know that worked. Then, the next time it crashes, see if you can continue from the last time you did that. If you cannot... then it's deleting your save game file(s).

Well, goddamn I am so dense, I could simply have used the Import function a lot earlier... kinda forgot it was there in all the troubleshooting, well this should keep me going, I apologize for this unecessary thread and to anyone whom wasted their time with it.