Shipwrecked items in the original?

Hi all! I am a bit confused about the new DLC. I read the FAQ but there is still something I don't understand.

For example, in shipwrecked there is the machete while in DS and the DLC: RoG there isn't. Now if I buy the DLC: Shipwrecked, will I be able to craft things from Shipwrecked in DS and RoG? Or they will only be able to be crafted in Shipwrecked?

In the FAQ I read that Klei Entertainment is working on implementing Shipwrecked in the normal DS like when you enter caves, but if this will be true, then we will be able to craft things while in the normal DS and RoG, right?

You can only craft the new Shipwrecked items while playing in a Shipwrecked world, I've checked for myself.

Examples: Machete, anything in the nautical tab at all, spyglasses, ice machine 3000, etc.

the reason for this seemed simple enough for me to accept. The items don't belong in the base game/RoG. I mean sure a machete would be nice to have in RoG because it does nice damage but it costs a lot of flint and the whole reason it exists to begin with was to hack down vines and bamboo and destroy whale carcasses.

Let's not even get into how OP the ice machine 3000 would be in RoG/base game. Also boats just would be a total waste of resources.

SO, my verdict is that when the expansions are connected, trying to bring SW items to RoG or base game will result in the SW items being turned to ash. And any items that are RoG specific and not balanced for SW will probably turn to ash when entering a SW world as well.

8 hours ago, SirBuizelton said:

You can only craft the new Shipwrecked items while playing in a Shipwrecked world, I've checked for myself.

Examples: Machete, anything in the nautical tab at all, spyglasses, ice machine 3000, etc.

the reason for this seemed simple enough for me to accept. The items don't belong in the base game/RoG. I mean sure a machete would be nice to have in RoG because it does nice damage but it costs a lot of flint and the whole reason it exists to begin with was to hack down vines and bamboo and destroy whale carcasses.

Let's not even get into how OP the ice machine 3000 would be in RoG/base game. Also boats just would be a total waste of resources.

SO, my verdict is that when the expansions are connected, trying to bring SW items to RoG or base game will result in the SW items being turned to ash. And any items that are RoG specific and not balanced for SW will probably turn to ash when entering a SW world as well.

Nope. That would make having both worlds useless. If I can't use the SW in RoG and RoG in SW whats the point of having a portal?

The crafting exlusive to SW could be, for example, locked until we go to SW once. If you start in SW then all crafting exlusive to RoG would be locked until you get to RoG world once. Regardless, Ice maker requires bamboo so unless you go to SW you cannot make it in RoG. That's how it should be. Once you go to both worlds you should be able to make everything anywhere you want.

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

The issue in world hopping is that so many stuff unique to Shipwrecked would be useless in everything else.

not really. Think about pig house and telelocator staff in cave. Pig house works, telelocator staff doesn't.

I can't wait to bring the jungle tree to the ROG world. It can make big foot log farming so much better.

Just now, Mday said:

not really. Think about pig house and telelocator staff in cave. Pig house works, telelocator staff doesn't.

I can't wait to bring the jungle tree to the ROG world. It can make big foot log farming so much better.

I didn't mean everything won't work. Just a lot of stuff. Like most of the nautical stuff for example would just be plain useless

3 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I didn't mean everything won't work. Just a lot of stuff. Like most of the nautical stuff for example would just be plain useless

And what's the problem here? I mean why would you even consider making something form the Nautical Tab in the RoG world (other then maybe the Pirate Hat and Spyglass). So I really see no issue with it being unlocked in RoG worlds since some recipes do have some use.

4 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Yeah, I know that.

Though I still don't get why they didn't let the DLC: Shipwrecked make possible to navigate already in the normal Don't Starve. I know I lot of things would have been changed and balanced but at least it wouldn't have been so complicated adding it by trying to make it like a portal that takes you from the original Don't Starve to Shipwrecked DLC world.

17 hours ago, grekon said:

Nope. That would make having both worlds useless. If I can't use the SW in RoG and RoG in SW whats the point of having a portal?

The crafting exlusive to SW could be, for example, locked until we go to SW once. If you start in SW then all crafting exlusive to RoG would be locked until you get to RoG world once. Regardless, Ice maker requires bamboo so unless you go to SW you cannot make it in RoG. That's how it should be. Once you go to both worlds you should be able to make everything anywhere you want.

I wouldn't call it useless. There's a ton of other stuff you can bring between worlds, and depending on how it's implemented (they said it would be similar to how they made caves, if I remember correctly) maybe you could just head to RoG for the summer if you don't want to deal with volcano season or hurricane season or vice versa, not wanting to deal with RoG winter or something. You could have two totally different bases with different purposes, connected via one save file and world-hopping.

I don't really care if you can bring shipwrecked stuff to RoG or not, I just don't think it'd make a ton of sense. It'd be super nice to bring a walking stick and stuff like that to shipwrecked though because it's not the most fun thing ever to just spin the slot machine forever trying to get that one specific thing. But again, walking stick already exists in shipwrecked so there's not even an inconsistency there with what I said earlier.

Archived