[Suggestion] Yaarctopus needs a way to be traded with more than once per day

As it stands, I feel like there's only one base location: the nearest nice island to the Yaarctopus. If you don't settle there, then you basically can't use him, because you can only trade with him once per day, so you can only make trades as frequently as you are close.

Now, I get that his trades are really strong. Which is why you can only trade once per day, but that leads to the current situation where you have no good reason to settle anywhere else.

Perhaps if there was a way to wake him back up again in the current day, something that's a little bit costly, such as requiring something with a fish value of 1. Or, when coffee gets added, if we gave him coffee that would prevent him from falling asleep. That would be cute. Or maybe we could sacrifice a doydoy to him for unlimited trades for a while?

just... anything, plz

Yaarrr... That be a fine suggestion if I ever did see...

Alas, to be keeping with the Pirate Code... might I suggest that we make use of these empty bottles and brew ourselves some "fire-water"? It be a good cure to a sea-dog plagued with sleep if I do say so me self... yo ho ho and a bottle of fun O__O

Old Version:

Spoiler

Nice. :)

Though, keeping with the Pirate theme...

Bottles, some way to make "fire-water"... <--- that could be used to rouse him from his slumber... yo ho ho and a bottle of fun O__O

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

Nice. :)

Though, keeping with the Pirate theme...

Bottles, some way to make "fire-water"... <--- that could be used to rouse him from his slumber... yo ho ho and a bottle of fun O__O

Ahh..Captain Asparagus be given a mighty good suggestion...Technically where IS ALL THE RUM IN SW???

Another interesting idea that may be a bit more balanced would be if the Yaarctopus only fell asleep after one trade for a crock pot recipe. (Stuff like Surf n' Turf -> Bottle Lantern) So he would stay awake if you wanted to continue trading meats or maybe trinkets for dubloons. Mind you, although you could argue it would be unbalanced due to mass dubloon farming, it'd be 3 meats for one gold if you're converting the gold (and when compared to the Pig King's 1 meat for 1 gold an infinite amount of times a day, wouldn't be too broken) and spending the dubloons on the slot machine has its own costs of sanity and other risks. Anywho, that's just my take on your concept. 

Or If the base idea of him sleeping is because his perks are greater, just make him sleep instantly if you give like the Lobster Dish and other powerful trades. If you just go there to give something that is worth 1/2 doubloons maybe make him be able o take 3 of them before he sleeps ?

Think it's pretty easy to find a sweet spot to tune him in like that.

Archived