my first opinion on the "new" forums

jbeetle

This happens with any layout change. It's different, confusing, and yucky at first, but then people end up getting used to it. A few quick things I've noticed right away though:

quotes don't seem to display properly. The quoted text is simply indented. There isn't a quote box, and the username isn't displayed. (edit: this seems to only happen with old posts)

On the subforum navigation page, the 'latest post' on the far right now only displays the username of the poster and not the thread like it used to. I found it much more useful the old way. 

In my opinion, they're quite nice already. Though the whole thing seems... wider? It'll take some getting used to (or JoeW's layout adjustments)

WOW GUYS IT AUTOMATICALLY HYPHENATES! THIS IS... probably going to be annoying at times.

I assume the text editor is going to be played with a lot. It's elegant, but not very useful yet. Lol, whilst typing, the spoiler button appeared.

Archived