Not starving but gone mad

Some random notes and journal entries written from the point of view of the characters after having long since lost their sanity. Possibly from dying numerous times and being brought back, hard living in the wild or having just been so all along.

Wilson's journal.

Day 13.

"Not doing so well, the war against the rapid expansion of the beefalo empire is a losing battle. Even worse, the sole native I had befriended turned out to be a rabbit spy, I dispatched him immediately after catching him revealing top secret intelligence to an evergreen. He was delicious.

God help me, he was delicious."

Posted Image

Day 14

"Just as the gypsy foretold. Death by tentacle while out berry picking."

Posted Image

Don't Starve

Willow's diary: day 3

"I don't understand why I was left here. I certainly never did anything wrong. Eating cooked baby face is not a crime. I spent many days sitting in front of a lonely fire, feeding it with my tears. Yes...grow strong and consume everything."

Posted Image

Day 4

"I believe I have finally found a friend. Like most of the wildlife, he's quite harmle...AH! OH GOD! He's robbing me! Take the seeds! ****!"

Posted Image

Edited by Dr. Chaos

"The frog treated me like an animal and thats what I became! After finding the dead body of a bearded man near an incinerated tentacle (I have no idea who did that, it certainly wasn't me), I promptly fashioned a weapon out of it's corpse and ventured into a nearby native village. The creatures claimed they wanted peaceful relations but I wasn't having any of it. I proceeded to kill several of them to establish my dominance as the head of the pack with the pig king serving as only a figurehead. If this world is to be my prison, they'll all be my *****."

Posted Image

"After a few stressful days, it felt right to just take a moment and calmly unwind in the forest."

Posted Image

Day 8

"One of the villagers responded to his daily ration by squatting down and taking a unsanitary deposit right in front of me. No doubt his own primitive version of a politicial protest of what the pig people see as the enslavement of their culture by my growing power regime. I forced Zeno's children to tie him to a nearby spider egg sac. Soon he will be living in the bowel of a large newborn arachnid and be reincarnated as the one thing he loves most, a big pile of crap.

"Posted Image

"One of the villagers complaining of terrible working conditions also suddenly and without warning happened to burst in flames. No one knows how it happened but we held a funeral right after it happened, they buried the body but I managed to convince them the only right thing to do was dig it back up and burn it. As much as I loathe fire, it was the only way to stop him from coming back as a zombie. "

Posted Image

Edited by Dr. Chaos

Wilson's Journal

Day 1?

"I come to in the middle of nowhere with all of my equipment stolen (also my beard seems to have been burned off somehow) and very lil recollection of how I actually got here. But perhaps this is good. A fresh start, a chance to start clean with a clear mind. I think I'm going to be okay."

Posted Image

Day 3

"I was captured in the middle of the night by a nomadic tribe of creatures. Unaware of their intentions, I quickly began to panic as they inched closer but my fears were alleviated when a leader emerged among them, an elder named Quay Quon Shi-Sho (the name was a nightmare so I just decided to nickname him Cloppy) and offered to teach me the ways of the land on the condition that I agree to aid them when they call upon me in a moment of great crisis. Surely spending time among these strange creatures will do wonders for my mental health after the past few days of panic."

Posted Image

Day 5

"I AM BEEFALO MAN. I protect the plains of New Wilson, a peaceful thriving community. The wilderness can be harsh but we have become one with it, dancing to it's tribal beat. I communed with the local wise woman and discovered there had been a disturbance in the nearby grazing areas. A wild tribe of spider savages known as the keekeewahwah tribe had begun nesting on our land! The nerve! I set out to solve the problem forthwith."

Posted Image

"I arrived prepared to do my worst, slashing through the vermin as they screeched in pain and were strangled with their own intestines as I let out a primal scream and shouted "BEEFALO!!" into the heavens. Nasty work to be sure but it had to be done. I made sure to urinate on the corpses should more be out foraging, they needed to know this was no longer their home upon their return."

Posted Image

Edited by Dr. Chaos

Day 7

"Today I married the science machine in front of God, fire pit (he was willing to put aside his own feelings for the machine and agree to be my best man), backpack and the birds. It's a hard life but our science keeps us strong. Of course our marriage wasn't entirely legal in New Wilson with the science machine being a heathen device used to summon evil spirits so I had to slaughter most of the guests. No witnesses. With the exception of the backpack. He was undoubtedly too frightened to act against me, his silence assured."

Posted Image

Edited by Dr. Chaos

Day 8

"Clean shaven for the first time in days. A missionary from the town of Pork Haven arrived today wanting to establish trade relations between the tribe and his village in exchange for food and medicine for my people. Despite being a giant sentient tree monster, Dave did not exhibit the more agressive qualities known to his kind, truly this Pork Haven was a town that bred civility. This could be the start of a fruitful union between our two people."

Posted Image

Day 9

"Dave was mysteriously found dead on the outskirts of New Wilson shortly after negotiations broke down and he was caught flirting with the science machine. No one really knows what happened.

Posted Image