Rock lobsters.

So uhm, my problem is the lobsters, they're spawning at an alarming rate and I can't seem to kill them, because of their ability to shield. Anyone has any idea other than getting them down to the cave? Because if I keep doing that, well, it's not exactly a solution but more of "ignoring" the problem.

My rule number 1 of the underground is to never bring rockies in the outside world. Rockies are a pain in the arse to get rid of once they have started breeding.

The "easiest" way to get rid of them is the summer giant that will destroy them in no time. He hits fast enough to kill rock lobsters before they hide. Also, if you have gunpowders, it takes 9 of them to kill a rocky, or two stomps from Bigfoot.

They kinda were. I've been reading that they like to be at the rocky biome but I guess since they couldn't find, they were multiplying around the hole, but the problem is that i had a lot of them around the place and it's kinda OP if i go there when the hounds come in and I use bush armor or snail armor xD

What you can do is make a mod to remove them all at once. I think this should do the trick. I don't know if it will affect those that are in the caves, but I would assume not since that world isn't loaded.

local function Lobster(inst)    inst:Remove()endAddPrefabPostInit("rocky",Lobster)

My world was unintentionally overrun with Rock Lobsters, 116 of them. I really liked this world and I didn't want to jump to a new one yet. So...To kill all Rock Lobsters in your world, open the console and type

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "rocky" then v.components.lootdropper:SetLoot()  v.components.health:Kill() end end

to kill them without filling the world with loot. If you also want to kill them in your caves, you have to enter the caves and execute the command again. This however, will not stop them from spawning in again. So we need to stop the periodicspawners too. I tried

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "rockyherd" then v.components.periodicspawner:Stop() end end

but it doesn't seem to work. I guess they autostart whenever I load my saved game. I want to actually remove the "rockyherd" spawners from my world. Anyone know how?

Archived