2 Questions

Destroying nests is the best way to get silk. Grab yourself a weapon and a log suit, whack the nest once then kill the guards, repeat until no more guards spawn then chop down the nest. Spider queens create additional nests so there should always be small nests on the map for easy silk.

As for honey, honey is a high health low stamina food that functions as the games health potion. Several crock pot meals will heal more but they are limited to one per inventory square where as honey stacks.

As for honey, honey is a high health low stamina food that functions as the games health potion. Several crock pot meals will heal more but they are limited to one per inventory square where as honey stacks.

Yeah I agree, I've always liked thinking of it as the games equivalent of a health potion. xD To the OP just be sure once you set up a bee house and get some silk, use a bug net (would've needed one anyway to make the bee house but you might need a couple more for this) and catch a couple butterflies and use them to plant flowers near the bee house. You'd only need a couple to get started because all flowers have a pretty high chance of spawning a butterfly when you run past them, so you'd just use the flowers you just planted to spawn more butterflies to plant more flowers.

The point I'm getting at is you want to have a lot of flowers around your bee house(s) so they don't have to travel far to get nectar, hence vastly increasing the rate they produce honey. It's to the point where I think it should even be nerfed a bit because it only takes a couple of RL minutes and it produces like 5-7 honey and each plop of honey heals 20 hp. It's life-saving I'll tell ya that much lol. Granted each time you harvest it the bees come out and attack you (bee hat is highly recommended since it negates all bee damage to 1 hp per hit), but all you have to do is run away and they'll eventually give up and fly back to their nest to make more honey. Get a couple of houses going and you sir will have an infinite supply of grade-A health pots. :cool:

EDIT: Stacks up to 40 too which is a bit much imo, I'd be comfortable if it was at 20, they should make wood stack up to 40 instead. :rolleyes:

Edited by w00tyd00d