Why couldn't Shipwrecked be like RotG ?

I'm not sure if it works with any kind of meat, but it works with meat meat.

You also get Sharx if you fish in Shoals for too long.

Just keep throwing meat into the sea, then pick it up then throw again, or just throw some into water.

Don't wait though, they come instantly when triggered.

Here, I took a screen for you with some spawned meat, never mind.

Works easy with regular fish morsels from crabs too.

Just three spawned a Sharx right next to the shore instantly, if you keep throwing more you get more sharx.

post-206527-0-81376900-1450714091_thumb.

From tuning.lua

FISHING_SHARK_SPAWN_CHANCE = 0.2,
SHARKBAIT_SHARK_SPAWN_MULT = 0.005, --Chance of spawning a shark is this number multiplied by hunger value of the food

And to me it appears that it simply does not work with monster meat. If you kill a jelly fish, thats enough to spawn.

And I seriously get enough bones from the trawl net. It good to have a variety of possibility, really good, but the creature design seems to focus on cute, funny, sound instead of inteacting with the world. A jelly fish does not care if its on open sea, mangroove or corals. It does not interact with that or any creatue at all and that is true for a variety of creatures in SW. They squeak, die, give things.

This is enhanced by the fact that you sometimes have to put them together by yourself to see their AI (as Mday mentioned).

I still belive that things like crabs, pigs, snakes are a cool addition/change but it would be nice to have a few more creature who actually cared whats around them more than just attack/follow/idle.

It does not really seem that this thread is fruitful really. If cappy reads this, they already got the idea and will do their early acess thing. Have faith.

I'm not sure if it works with any kind of meat, but it works with meat meat.

Yes interesting.... interesting indeed.

It works with morsels too only monster meat is not triggering the sharx. The game notices how big your thrown stack is so if you have 20 morsels and throw them in about 1 sharx will spawn everytime the stack hits the water. So the probability for a spawning sharx seems to be around 5% per thrown meat. Edit: See above!

If you suicide a monkey army you easily get 20 morsels and can start to farm about 40 sharx a day if done correctly (only throwing meat is triggering the spawn not meat already in the water).

Of course this changes the availability of teeth a lot. Thanks for the hint!

So i read through this entire thing and i got a couple of points i heavily agree on.

1) That most of the mobs have barely to no interaction with each other or any interesting interactions with the World.

2) The sea is to barren with barely anything interesting (most interesting thingas are on Islands atm what makes the sea fell pointless)

3) Some of the dropped items lack a bit of let's call it personallity in terms of what Mobs drops the items.

However there are also a few things i found myself disagreeing with.

Even thou a lot of Creatures are reskins they are also important for the base gathering cycle of a player in DS. For example Crabs are in the earlygame of SW what Rabbits are in the earlygame of DS/RoG. However Rabbits also had a different use depending of the season or days survived (like needing Rabbits for the Prehastinator and Rabbitearmuffs gave them another use)

So atm here is my standpoint on the matter. While shipwrecked has a lot of new and interesting creatures it doesn't do to much with them at the moment. Sure you got the poisonous ones that drop the Venomglands but even those are only used in maybe 3 recipes and from those only 2 are actually viable (Poisonspeargun imho is not worth the Gland) as well as having some mobs be extremly rare to the point where you don't even care about them (i still have not seen a single Bottlenosefin or a Swordfish).

Also i like to remind that at this point Shipwrecked is still in a very early phase and we probably miss a good chunck of both drops and recipes from different creatures as well as a lot of different mobs so maybe all those interactions between Seamobs will come in the future (i sure hope it does).

Poisonspeargun imho is not worth the Gland) as well as having some mobs be extremly rare to the point where you don't even care about them (i still have not seen a single Bottlenosefin or a Swordfish).

Poisonspeargun may become more useful if we are to fight giant or other boss. There will be ways to travel between the worlds so we'll see.

Swordfish usually are found near the edge of the world where the cloud is. Each year I come across 2~4 depending on how often I go on sailing/exploring other island. You won't get to see them if you stay in the middle of the map.

As for the bottlenosefin, I dont have any clue. They seems to spawn at random deep water. I am guessing they works more or less like the pengull and hence have a fixed spawning location.

I have encountered a Swordfish the first time I entered deep sea on my first save so I don't think they only spawn on the edge.

Wiki also says they respawn at the same spot.

Need to check that out, since that would make the cutlass OP OP.

As for Antivenom/venom I hope they make some area where there is poison gas (like some volcano caves) so you can actually use it and/or the Gasmask for something.

That being said, Poisoned Speargun I find are good for apes, since they have little more health than it deals damage and the poison finishes them off, unlike the regular Spearguns.

Poisonspeargun may become more useful if we are to fight giant or other boss. There will be ways to travel between the worlds so we'll see.

Swordfish usually are found near the edge of the world where the cloud is. Each year I come across 2~4 depending on how often I go on sailing/exploring other island. You won't get to see them if you stay in the middle of the map.

As for the bottlenosefin, I dont have any clue. They seems to spawn at random deep water. I am guessing they works more or less like the pengull and hence have a fixed spawning location.

Hmmm but even if i can take my SW stuff to an RoG world that doesn't change the fact that both Antivenom and Poisonspears are far more costefficent in comparison to the Speargun. Because here is the thing the Poisonspear costs you 1 Spear and 1 Venomgland what in turn means some Flint some Twigs and some rope and a Venomgland for an item that guarantess poison on hit and heavily crippels my enemys and i can use it multiple times.

The speargun on the other hand needs 1 Jellyfish what you need a Net beforehand some Bamboo and a Venomgland for a 1 time ranged poison weapon. That's one of the mainreasons why i never really bother with ranged combat in DS because it's just far to expensive in comparison to melee combat since for that all i really need is a Spear (or a tentacle spike), a Logarmor and a Footballhelmet all far easier to get and far more viable to use.

For the Swordfish that's good to know although making him only spawn on the edge is slight stupid. Maybe have them travel through the world in small swarms of 3-4 would be neat so you could find them in different areas of the map depending on the season.

Same for Bottlenosefins although those seem even less interesting atm because all you could really use them for is fighting Sharx. At least the Swordfish is used in the Cutlass Supreme what seems pretty cool.

I have encountered a Swordfish the first time I entered deep sea on my first save so I don't think they only spawn on the edge.

Wiki also says they respawn at the same spot.

Need to check that out, since that would make the cutlass OP OP.

Hmmm but even if i can take my SW stuff to an RoG world that doesn't change the fact that both Antivenom and Poisonspears are far more costefficent in comparison to the Speargun. Because here is the thing the Poisonspear costs you 1 Spear and 1 Venomgland what in turn means some Flint some Twigs and some rope and a Venomgland for an item that guarantess poison on hit and heavily crippels my enemys and i can use it multiple times.

The speargun on the other hand needs 1 Jellyfish what you need a Net beforehand some Bamboo and a Venomgland for a 1 time ranged poison weapon. That's one of the mainreasons why i never really bother with ranged combat in DS because it's just far to expensive in comparison to melee combat since for that all i really need is a Spear (or a tentacle spike), a Logarmor and a Footballhelmet all far easier to get and far more viable to use.

For the Swordfish that's good to know although making him only spawn on the edge is slight stupid. Maybe have them travel through the world in small swarms of 3-4 would be neat so you could find them in different areas of the map depending on the season.

Same for Bottlenosefins although those seem even less interesting atm because all you could really use them for is fighting Sharx. At least the Swordfish is used in the Cutlass Supreme what seems pretty cool.

No they don't spawn ONLY on the edge (sorry if I make it sound like so). However that is where I usually find it. The edge happens to be usually consist of deep sea. Similarly it is very unlikely to find bottlenosefins within the first ring of island. The total size of deep sea within the area isn't that big hence the small chance of occurrence.

True.

If you wana put it that way there is nothing a ham bat+ a few armor couldn't handle in ROG.

Still, the benefit of a ranged slow + 100 damage is a unique one. It seems easier(slightly) to use that 1 shot and carry on with the bat, than using a poison spear once before switching to the bat. Also venom gland is kinda abundant, mainly because of the mosquito spam during flood season.

Edit: I forget to add that the poison speargun crafting recipe is actually 3 seashell + 1 bamboo + 1 venom gland. I guess it is one way to make use of the unused seashell.

Archived