Sandbags are useless. They don't work.

I already posted this info in another thread but it seems you guys are also not aware of it. Puddles spawn only on the first rain (maybe second rain too not sure about that). Any rain after that only expands on them. Another thing is that they will spawn off-screen.

Thus combining these 2 pieces of information one can conclude that by standing in the center of the base while the puddles are appearing will ensure that no puddles will appear inside the base(assuming your base is only one screen big).

Personally I just go yolo and don't bother with sand bags. Just build another fire pit or chiminea on the dry spot. Who cares about these puddles.

Another thing is that they will spawn off-screen.

They must spawn off-screen

or

they will spawn off-screen (outside the render distance) too.

I just want to get sure I understand your sentence right because that's a crucial information to know about puddle spawning.

I too have a feeling that the spreading through sand bag issue happened off screen.

If you use sand bag to wall off bee hive/ Prime Ape, go somewhere far and come back later, the bees/ ape will be the roaming the other side of the sad bag wall.

They must spawn off-screen   or   they will spawn off-screen (outside the render distance) too.

Whats the difference between must and will in this situation? o.0

They spawn all over the map so that should be the "outside the render distance". Is that what you mean?

I thought I was just doing something wrong but I guess sandbags really are bugged.  I tried to sandbag all my machines as tightly as possible but as you can see water still leaked inside.

(img)

Exactly the same thing happened to me. All we can do now is escape and build a temporary camp.

Archived