Shenanigans!

I have noticed some flux in morgue entries concerning Shipwrecked. 

One of my characters appears to have died from 'shenanigans' - it used to be two, but Wigfrid's death has mysteriously disappeared from the roster. However Wilson's first demise, which wasn't on there previously, has now surfaced. (A merm got him.)

Unfortunately I can't remember what the circumstances of 'shenanigans' are - but I do know neither of them died of the same thing!

Anybody else got any ideas or is this just filler for SW specific deaths that haven't been written up to the morgue yet? I think 'shenanigans' is hilarious, anyway :)

Shenanigans is like a placeholder. It does show up for weird deaths (or possible deaths not yet in the list, which is possible for SW).

I think so.

I died to the Grue on the sea, and it says "Shenanigans".

I don't know if it is Charlie anymore, but in the old game it's called Darkness in the morgue.

I think so.

I don't know if it is Charlie anymore, but in the old game it's called Darkness in the morgue.

Yup seems to be placeholders since i died to different means but so far the new ones like poison or dorwning are labled as Shenanigans so i guess they will later be put with the porper cause of death.

I think so.

Have had a hard think about what happened to my characters. Woodie died to "Shenanigans" and then to "Darkness" the same day he revived from a touchstone (my characters have a distressing tendency to do this!) - now I remember that he first drowned when turning into a Werebeaver while aboard a raft; I don't recommend this, apparently Werebeavers are too heavy for rafts and cannot swim. The puzzling thing is that Wigfrid also died to Charlie, but while aboard a boat, after going through the border fog. Her death originally said "Shenanigans" but now isn't listed at all. So I wonder if "Shenanigans" means a water related demise..? Check your morgue and see if your death is still listed or has come back as "Darkness"!

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Fledge said:

I remember that he first drowned when turning into a Werebeaver while aboard a raft; I don't recommend this, apparently Werebeavers are too heavy for rafts and cannot swim. 

A beaver that can't swim?! O.o

Archived