Weather in caves

"Like it used to", in this case, means all they way back before DS:RoG came out.

Yeah, those changes are also present in the singleplayer version if you have Reign of Giants, and RoG is essentially permanently and universally enabled in DST worlds (even if you use the No Giants Here preset, it still has little things like animals starving in inventory and Ham Bats losing damage from spoiling). If you want to spelunk without dealing with temperature extremes and rain, you'll just have to start a singleplayer game with RoG turned off.

Maybe eventually there will be a way to customize cave worldgen, since one of the Klei streams did mention that they want cave-only servers to be an option; that will likely allow you to turn off rain and winter for the cave server. (I don't know of any way to make a cave-only non-dedicated server right now. There's no option for it in the Host Game page, and the 'multilevel' box isn't even clickable.)

Yeah, I agree. it´s ******* retarded and it should be fixed immediately. Caves are literally unplayable at the moment. 

I'm stunned by this comment.

Saying caves aren't playable is like saying its impossible to survive for 100 days.

Caves are EASY.

playing ROG DST right now with several friends and were nearly at 300 days.

almost all the caves explored...

Caves are too easy at the moment. I went to ruins all by myself in spring and got thulecite suit and helmet and went out safely (in 40 game days i got thulecite suit)... It was not raining always. If you seek logic nothing should be in the game... If you seek logic, you should go play GTA series or counter strike type of fps games.. I like challenge in the FANTASY WORLD (means nothing has to be in there related to real life situations) and it is a challenge and caves are already nerfed. Summer is too easy in caves in DST... Same for spring. Too easy to make life amulet and if you die just haunt it to continue unlike hardcore DS...

I am definitely against this topic as caves are already substantially nerfed and I do not wanna play an easier version of an already nerfed game.

logical qualities XD... Seeking logic in a fantasy world.. Trying to hide the truth about being unable to survive and covering it up with the word "logic"...

Klei should put an option for people who cries in this thread, such as disabling cave weather cuz I want cave rain and there is nothing hard with it. People in this thread seems 25%-75% so there should be a special option for cry babies I am OK with that. But these 25% cannot decide on nerfing whole game as we enjoy the game as it is.

Archived