(Possible Spoiler) Rare Fish?

I found a Sword Fish, it´s the first time I´ve seen one and there was only one. Do they re-spawn? Are they rare?

attachicon.gifCapturejjjj.PNG

Also they are definitely hostile, but easy to kill.

attachicon.gifCapturejjjj.PNG

I've seen a lot in my time of playing. They might respawn, but I die at certain periods so that I don't know if they do or not. They are rather big bullies though. I've seen one chase down a Dogfish. I think I remember seeing two Sword Fish at one point.

They respawn. According to the files it looks like they have an invisible spawner that will actually regenerate it quite quickly (60 seconds to make a new swordfish, and another 55 seconds to release it, so 4 segments on the clock). Note that they can only spawn offscreen, so similar mechanics to tumbleweeds, baby beefalo, etc.

They respawn. According to the files it looks like they have an invisible spawner that will actually regenerate it quite quickly (60 seconds to make a new swordfish, and another 55 seconds to release it, so 4 segments on the clock). Note that they can only spawn offscreen, so similar mechanics to tumbleweeds, baby beefalo, etc.

what do you really mean? it spawns off screen somewhere away and you gotta find it by chance while sailing? What if you cant find? It keeps spawning and despawning?

Archived