Night time is a bit bright for my taste.

So I scanned through the posts here and haven't found anything about this yet, so I thought I'd bring it up. I think the blue tone on night for Shipwrecked is way too bright to be night. It gives the sense that there's a full moon and you should be able to see but can't because everything's artificially blocked out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think things should be visible. Half the fun of Don't Starve is knowing that darkness is certain death. But as such, it should be black. Pitch black. Not blue.

Of course I completely and totally understand that this is Early Access and I absolutely respect that. Which is why I thought I'd bring it up sooner than later so I can hear what other folks think and perhaps see this changed in the future.

post-417544-0-59768000-1449121110_thumb.

@Gotheran, The filter isn't responsible for the framerate, there's a filter on at all times, and has always been in DS and RoG and so on (think Spring's vibrant green filter, but actually every season has one-- Autumn's is just subtle).

However, it does look like there are a lot of sound/graphics related components/entities in Shipwrecked, so there's definitely a lot more going on to lower framerates generally (e.g. trees creaking, water ripples).

I kinda like the blue darkness, it drives home the fact that you're in a totally different climate, but it's a little weird to have the screen go solid blue in complete darkness when there is by definition no light to see by. (Or at least not enough, since usually there's some moonlight and there may or may not also be starlight depending on how the sky works in this dimension. But you get what I mean.)

I'd rather have the darkness go blue and then black when night falls, and have the darkness and near-darkness around a lit area be blue-tinged but the rest of the screen black like usual. That way it would retain the blue tinge at sunset and around your light source at night, but wouldn't look quite so much like some rascal covered most of your screen with blue paint.

Archived