Remember lava caves? (possible spoilers)

Helou,

Some of us remember the hype and speculation about the so called "lava caves' back in 2013. The idea was scrapped as far as I remember and we got caves instead.

But with the release of Shipwrecked there are some interesting pieces of information in the game files that pretty much gives me hope that we'll finally have the lava caves soon.

The image below found in the animation folder for the DLC is called volcano_entrance:

dh8d4Bm.png

What else can there be underneath a volcano other than some caves and *drumrolls* lava?

At the same time, the treasure maps in the game lead to chests containing obsidian items. I've also stumbled upon a setpiece consisting of a Meteor Staff surrounded by pieces of obsidian. All this stuff can't be crafted at the moment (try to give yourself all the recipes using the console command), but they are in the game, and we'll probably be able to craft them soon at this crafting station called workbench_obsidian:

ks4QjDz.png

So yeah, lava caves soon? I really hope so! 

Here's some other interesting findings:

The things from the list above might be in the game already and I just didn't find them out, in which I apologize. :-)

I don't mean to brag or be a ****** but the entrance can be spawned now... with the EXIT prefab. c_spawn("volcano_exit") - it will black screen and crash, but log shows it does something.

The umbrella double thing can be spawned also. It's called the Dumbrella. My favourite hat, and goes great with a Booty Bag

EDIT1/2/3: didn't think you linked the bootybag chest backpack, woops. I think the peg legs might upgrade Woodlegs... INFINITE POWER - Trident also works fine as a weapon, I reckon it can be found :grin: - A few staffs can be found in the prefabs, along with Obsidian Altar, broken and normal.

*deep inhale*

FSDGASJFKASFASFSAFASfASFPAISFBASOFYASGYFASYfuVOASFGAUSCVASIFAVLAVA CAVESOLSFANPSFUIAPFASPFIOASFNA{SIOFNASFIOANSFIOASNFPAOFNASCM "ASRBNWPFFSIhguiosdfhgsjnfgluPOANSDFAUISDVPZXVNAPDIOVBASDVAS;DLVAHNSDOVASDVASDVW

I already got 2 of them, Obsidian Machete and Peg Leg in a treasure chest. Obsidian things sets fire on target when used. Perfect for Willow I guess.

Helou,

Some of us remember the hype and speculation about the so called "lava caves' back in 2013. The idea was scrapped as far as I remember and we got caves instead.

But with the release of Shipwrecked there are some interesting pieces of information in the game files that pretty much gives me hope that we'll finally have the lava caves soon.

The image below found in the animation folder for the DLC is called volcano_entrance:

dh8d4Bm.png

What else can there be underneath a volcano other than some caves and *drumrolls* lava?

At the same time, the treasure maps in the game lead to chests containing obsidian items. I've also stumbled upon a setpiece consisting of a Meteor Staff surrounded by pieces of obsidian. All this stuff can't be crafted at the moment (try to give yourself all the recipes using the console command), but they are in the game, and we'll probably be able to craft them soon at this crafting station called workbench_obsidian:
ks4QjDz.png

So yeah, lava caves soon? I really hope so! 
Here's some other interesting findings:The things from the list above might be in the game already and I just didn't find them out, in which I apologize. :-)

Well I can handle it as like tools or weapon, but didn't used it for harassing innocent spidees. And that character had been busted by volcanic bomb. I'll try later if I could meet another one in other trial lol.

What does the Peg Leg do? :grin: Is it a trinket, or a weapon?

Obsidian equipment can be crafted with the brain of thought hat. You can also craft a obsidian fireplace which is super op. The dumbrella is what the hat is called and is quite strong at preventing wetness similar to the deerclopse umbrella.

Archived