[Spoiler] New Programs from Contingency

So I found the 4 new programs from the DLC and thought I will share. Spoiler of course.

• Golem (Starting Program) : Breaks 2 FIREWALLS for 4 PWR. -1 PWR cost/turn. Resets when used. Cost = 500 CR.
  • Burst (Starting Program) : Gain 3 PWR, agents get +3 AP. Agents -3 AP while on cooldown. 2 turn cooldown. Cost = 300 CR.
  • Cycle : All PWR is cleared at the beginning of each turn, then Gain 3 PWR. PASSIVE. Cost = 750 CR.
  • Bless : Daemons have -2 duration.PASSIVE. Cost = 500.

Golem is really good, same break/PWR as Lockpick but reduced each turn.

Burst is hard to use but can give interesting result and work ridiculously good with Overdrive.

Cycle seems a bit underwhelming to me. The description said "Auto generate large PWR." but 3 is not that large. The high CR cost make it even less appealing.

Bless is good but the most annoying Daemons for me in most of my games are Validate and Siphon which are not affected. Have not tried it in Endless but if it works on Countermeasures it is definitely a must have.

What are you thoughts?

Who tought Cycle would be a good idea? I can't think of a good strategy using Cycle.

Having Hunter + Bless would sound like a good idea, but then again, you don't get to have many program slots. I think I'm sticking with only Hunter.

Cycle is fine, much better than rogue haha. It works well with seed and prototype chips and a few other things. hunter and bless is a non-bo. If you are killing the daemons theres no point to having less deamon time. Btw with the dlc you can get an extra program slot, havent played endless but i hope it happens there too, I <3 programs.

Who tought Cycle would be a good idea? I can't think of a good strategy using Cycle.

I don't think their intention was to make all the DLC stuff overly strong, it's different and interesting to those who want to use it. Although I suppose I have a right to be slightly annoyed because as far as I know Server Farm missions are still exactly the same and the release of new programs that I don't want to use just clog the shop up.

If I was to use Cycle at all, Cycle + Emergency Reserve + Overdrive would be it as long as they fixed up the power calculations order. However Burst + Overdrive is the same +3 power as cycle except you would keep the option of building up a power reserve if you wanted to.

I don't think their intention was to make all the DLC stuff overly strong, it's different and interesting to those who want to use it. Although I suppose I have a right to be slightly annoyed because as far as I know Server Farm missions are still exactly the same and the release of new programs that I don't want to use just clog the shop up.

If I was to use Cycle at all, Cycle + Emergency Reserve + Overdrive would be it as long as they fixed up the power calculations order. However Burst + Overdrive is the same +3 power as cycle except you would keep the option of building up a power reserve if you wanted to.

You can alway deactivate the extra programs from the DLC with the custom campaign option.

Ah true. Can't do the same with the update 11 programs though.

I guess you can do that, but I can't figure out a way to make a mod to change existing parameters/programs/lists that are already in-game.

For example, to get rid off of Decker from the Potential Units in detention.

I guess you can do that, but I can't figure out a way to make a mod to change existing parameters/programs/lists that are already in-game.

For example, to get rid off of Decker from the Potential Units in detention.

Yeah not officially. I looked around in the files sometime in August after Update 11 came out. This was because I actually went on 10 straight Server Farm missions looking for Hunter and still didn't find it. I found the program lists somewhere but now I can't find it, they might have moved it somewhere else.

Yeah not officially. I looked around in the files sometime in August after Update 11 came out. This was because I actually went on 10 straight Server Farm missions looking for Hunter and still didn't find it. I found the program lists somewhere but now I can't find it, they might have moved it somewhere else.

From sim/units/store.lua in scripts.zip in main game folder:

progList = util.weighted_list(

{

wrench_2 = 5,

wrench_3 = 5,

wrench_4 = 5,

wrench_5 = 5,

hammer = 20,

parasite = 20,

parasite_2 = 20,

sniffer = 20,

hunter = 20,

dagger = 20,

dagger_2 = 20,

lockpick_1 = 20,

lockpick_2 = 20,

mainframePing = 20,

oracle = 20,

wings = 2,

shade = 10,

leash = 20,

dataBlast = 20,

rapier = 20,

esp = 20,

pwr_manager = 20,

pwr_manager_2 = 5,

taurus = 20,

emergency_drip = 20,

wildfire = 20,

brimstone = 20,

}),

progList_17_5 = util.weighted_list(

{

lightning = 10,

rogue = 20,

fool = 10,

flare = 20,

overdrive = 20,

charge = 20,

root = 20,

}),

noBreakerProgList = util.weighted_list(

{

wrench_2 = 5,

wrench_3 = 5,

wrench_4 = 5,

wrench_5 = 5,

dagger = 10,

parasite = 10,

lockpick_1 = 10,

lockpick_2 = 10,

sniffer = 20,

hunter = 20,

mainframePing = 20,

oracle = 20,

wings = 1,

shade = 1,

leash = 20,

dataBlast = 20,

esp = 20,

pwr_manager = 20,

pwr_manager_2 = 5,

taurus = 20,

emergency_drip = 5,

wildfire = 20,

brimstone = 5,

lockpick_2 = 10,

}),

noBreakerProgList_17_5 = util.weighted_list(

{

lightning = 10,

rogue = 20,

overdrive = 20,

charge = 20,

root = 20,

}),

"progList" list applies to Primary Server Terminals, "noBreakerProgList" to Secondary Server Terminals,

"_17_5" suffix lists are from update 11. This applies to base game though, modded or dlc programs have this directy in their code (mainframe_abilities.lua):

PROGRAM_LIST = 10,

PROGRAM_NO_BREAKER_LIST = 15,

Seed + Golem is ridiculously strong.  You get to plow through 2 levels of firewall/turn right out of the gate, and you're not even touching your power supply.

In my run, I was using Olivia as our main melee, and her ambient turbine meant that 4 power kept our power reserve high for when we needed an extra punch.

In addition, it pairs super well with Dagger, which is pretty easy to get early on. 

Archived