Could someone recommend to me a hosting service?

The hosting providers pinned here seem to be good. I can't vouch for them personally, but I have not received any complaints about them being there and I see a lot of our servers being hosted by both of them 

The hosting providers pinned here seem to be good. I can't vouch for them personally, but I have not received any complaints about them being there and I see a lot of our servers being hosted by both of them 

Since you haven't personally used them, I understand you probably can't help, but I just want to make sure (for now) that I could at least attempt to put a caves instance and an overworld instance on the same server. That's really my main reason for making this thread.

(also, I don't get notified of replies in this subforum, btw)

At killservers you need to have two servers for surface plus caves. Don't know about the other ones.

Thanks for the info!

I talked to Citadel reps, and they, too, require 2 servers...just in case anyone else is wondering. I think I'm gonna go with Citadel and see what happens.

Thanks all.

I was a citadelservers customer. They are pretty good but if you seek to have a cheap server, you may wanna rent a vps running on linux any distro server edition to setup game server by urself and run from there or just simply install the game server to your pc running on windows or linux or any other system.

From what I see, professional servers are really expensive and not much to offer like your very own server. If you have your very own server, you are free to write any kind of script, autoupdates, keeping every single log file to ban people even a week or a month later and such. Same performance, less money (30% of what they ask), more flexibility. Installation of the server is really easy and don't get scared of pages of texts describing how to setup.

Archived