Anarchy level 5

It's been discussed at length in the past but basically there's a risk/reward to it depending on your game settings. Getting it at all for a 3 day campaign is questionable. For endless it will pay off sooner or later but how early you want to risk paying for it is up to you.

I find that by the time I've run out of better things to spend money on, I can only carry one stolen item and it encumbers the agent. At that point it's only a matter of pride (or OCD) to carry the extra items one at a time to sell at the Nanofab, just so you can get 100%.

As mentioned, it really depends on what type of game you are playing (campaign or endless).  In campaign, I would never get it because I would have many other upgrades/items to spend credits on that I find more valuable.  The ability to find additional items can be great but I often they are items I immediately end up selling to Monster for credits.  

However, in Endless I eventually have so much money it doesn't make sense to not upgrade everyone fully.  Even in this scenario, I waited a while (in my last game) because I really didn't need the extra items and was short on inventory space with my characters.  So finding even more items throughout a level felt like a bit of a burden then a blessing at times.  That's been my experience anyway.

I'm curious to see how others think about this though and how they deal with inventory management.  I typically try and max everyone's strength quickly.  Leaving one spot available for loot found throughout the level I still find many agents encumbered often.  Between vault keys, red door access cards, valuable tech and other common extras, finding even more items leaves my pockets full.

I don't think I've ever gone up to Anarchy 5 in any of my runs of this game.

In my current playthrough I had to rush Decker up to Anarchy 4 ASAP as I got a Buster Chip 3 I couldn't use and as I started my run with Brimstone and Seed I needed something that would let me get through a bunch of firewalls instantly without costing me any power.

This is easily the hardest and most resource deprived run I've had so far.

Archived