Krampus!!

the longer you live, the more krampii that can show up in any given attack.That said, the summon mechanics has been nerfed to the point that you really need to channel your inner bastard to kill enough fuzzies; this includes , rabbits, blackbirds/redbirds, and butterflies.neutral mobs like beefalo and tallbirds will anger krampus more per kill, and friendly mobs like pigs and smallbirds make the most progess towards summoning.Especially the smallbirds, 4-5 of these little guys will pretty much force a kramus attack. Bear in mind that you will need to hold down CTRL in order to target friendly mobs for attacks.

Its more like warning..But you have nothing to fear one krampus..Fear when you slaughter your smallbirds and about 6 come at you..

I died a few hours ago and have been busy between that time and now so it is currently day 6 and I have had 2 come at me after killing a bunch of redbirds, one of which was asleep since it was night 3 the other fell for the single gold nugget I left as bait both only had charcoal.

Well,you can pretty much find a pig village in that time,considering you only need 1 Cooked meat + some food sometimes to survive a day,wich is about 50 Hunger,the morsel will last you enough.Or you can collect seeds and build farms.Or you dont need to find pigs,but you can find tallbrids pretty much.They drop meat and respawn quickly.But beware if you cant kite them they will be really tough to take.Both of them.

Well,you can pretty much find a pig village in that time,considering you only need 1 Cooked meat + some food sometimes to survive a day,wich is about 50 Hunger,the morsel will last you enough.Or you can collect seeds and build farms.Or you dont need to find pigs,but you can find tallbrids pretty much.They drop meat and respawn quickly.But beware if you cant kite them they will be really tough to take.Both of them.

I've gotten better at kiting in this and from farming the birds I have 40 seeds and I could have more if I bothered to pick up some here and there on the ground.

Sorry, i didn't want to make a new thread for my question about Krampus. I got him to spawn and when he was next to my chest, i attacked him and missed. He ran away, i followed him and after hitting him one time he vanished. Do i have to go on an adventure and look for him? or is he gonna come back for my chest at some point?Thanks

Sorry, i didn't want to make a new thread for my question about Krampus. I got him to spawn and when he was next to my chest, i attacked him and missed. He ran away, i followed him and after hitting him one time he vanished. Do i have to go on an adventure and look for him? or is he gonna come back for my chest at some point?Thanks

Thanks for keeping the thread together!If you see krampus jump into his sack, you can be assured that THAT particular krampus will be gone until you trigger krampus attacks again. THAT said, depending on how many days along you are, there may be others that approach on the initial attack that could be about, though this won't start happening until after day 50-ish I think.

Really, unless you have a Pan Flute or Sleep Darts, or if you can attack him while he is still snatching items, or use Tooth Traps or Bee Mines, you cannot catch him. He has the AI of a Gobbler. He runs faster than you, can two-hit you if you are unarmored, so you must be really careful. In some cases, if you aren't really established, it may be safer to let Krampus escape.

I'm pretty sure that specific one is gone forever and you will have to get another to come.