I think the demon should spwan on a special island that spwans in every map and is always a island. On day ____ he would spwan and the gate (the death gate that keeps early weaklings from entering) would open letting the strong warriors in. He would drop what ever the creators of Don't Starve what him to drop, I hope you liked my idea and also let me know your ideas I would love to see them.:)

Or if instead of the gate opening on day __ it could be a gauntlet to the gate and once you are strong enough to make it past that, you are ready to fight him and the gate opens then. The gauntlet will feature one of every enemy (allowing you to rest and heal/eat between battles. The gauntlet would also allow you to leave and come back to the same enemy as you left it.

I like it that is a good idea because it would be a pain to eat in the middle of the battle. Where would you get the gangtlet maybe you should craft or like a rare Krampus drop (we have no clue were he has been).

I meant gauntlet as a trial not a glove. It could be a path to the gate at the opposite end on the map from where you spawn

I meant gauntlet as a trial not a glove. It could be a path to the gate at the opposite end on the map from where you spawn

Oh ok, maybe the trail could be filled up with a whole bunch of stuff or maybe a maze. At the end you would get a key or something to open the gate. I think all sandbox games diserve a boss battle like minecraft has the ender dragon maybe Don't Starve needs The Demon (Maxwell)