[build share] Using this build is like cheating, you don't even need Incognita.

Warning: this build is totally unfair for corporate and maybe destroy your game experience, I mentioned this is hoping this "bug" can be fix in some way.

Agents: doesn't matter.

Augments: All agents are same, install flowing three augments, assume all of them have 3 spare slot.

Chameleon Movement(+6AP if cloaked)
Torque Injectors(-1 CD)
Net Downlink(+2AP when device hacked)

items: All agents are same, all of agents bring flowing 7 items.
Cloaking rig III * 3;
Buster chip III * 4;

What does this mean:
Cloaking rig III's coolDown is 8 turn, with Torque Injectors installed it is 7 turn. After day 5 there might be some preinstalled daemons + 3 coldDown to them, even this it is 10 turn coldDown. Well, we have 12 of them. So you can change two of them to something else.

Buster chip III's coldDown is 3 turn, with Torque Injectors installed it is 2 turn. We have 16 Buster chip III, which means we can break 64 firewall in two turn, on average.

Combine this:
What we need to do is in each turn, open Cloaking rig, make sure all agents are covered, and use buster chip to hack device. You have about 24 AP each turn to do this, just remember regroup before AP run out for the next turn's move. We can keep invisible all the time in this way.

Now you can safely fire Incognita. Take what ever you want, this might be said by guards, I won't waste my time to stop you witch is impossible thing to do.

Chameleon Movement(+6AP if cloaked)

Torque Injectors(-1 CD)
Net Downlink(+2AP when device hacked)

items: All agents are same, all of agents bring flowing 7 items.
Cloaking rig III * 3;
Buster chip III * 4;

you call that cheating? okai =_=

literally everytime I start new game there 5-8 buster chips III on the floor =_=

you call that cheating? okai =_=

literally everytime I start new game there 5-8 buster chips III on the floor =_=

hum... this build is tested on endless plus mode without actually cheating... but they do have the same effect.

I've stopped using cloaking in my runs. As you demonstrate, once you reach a critical mass of Cloaking III it becomes practically impossible to fail missions. Even one of them, combined with Chameleon Movement, can win you a level in a single turn.

And yes, the existence of Buster III chips make you wonder why Incognita is even on your team.

hum... this build is tested on endless plus mode without actually cheating... but they do have the same effect.

Nah, I tried to be sarcastic. I think collect all this equipment and upgrade agents to use is quite a nice challenge on E+ and if you able to do it, you deserve to be godlike.

Buster 3's aren't even close to OP, you can't take out cameras with them, which you would care about if you didn't trivialise the game with perma-cloak cheese.

As of current patch on endless plus, the game is easy enough as it is even without perma-cloak.

Nah, I tried to be sarcastic. I think collect all this equipment and upgrade agents to use is quite a nice challenge on E+ and if you able to do it, you deserve to be godlike.

didn't get it ..I just want to say something need to be done for cloaking rig

I've stopped using cloaking in my runs. As you demonstrate, once you reach a critical mass of Cloaking III it becomes practically impossible to fail missions. Even one of them, combined with Chameleon Movement, can win you a level in a single turn.

And yes, the existence of Buster III chips make you wonder why Incognita is even on your team.

good way, I sold my extra rig and only keep 4 of them, one for each agent, I think that's enough.

Buster 3's aren't even close to OP, you can't take out cameras with them, which you would care about if you didn't trivialise the game with perma-cloak cheese.

As of current patch on endless plus, the game is easy enough as it is even without perma-cloak.

Actually perma-cloak is what I'm talking about, there shouldn't be such a easy way to win. It seems you are already familiar with that.

By the way what does OP means?

Done that once with Archive Xu but i took SubDermal Cloak instead of Net DownLink.

3 Stin III replaced the cloaks. With his thermal generator argument + Faust + Central on the team and a single portable server for emergencies, it was manageable to save 4 power per turn to make him invisible.

Yeah, cause we all can just go find a dozen cloakrigs just lying in a safe.

Seriously. If you are going to get that many cloaks, you first need to find them. If you have that many of any item in the game, of course you are going to be extremely good in that area. People used to say the same thing about shock traps.

Of course that's not really a problem in endless, but you still need to survive the ten first days in order to get there.

Yeah, cause we all can just go find a dozen cloakrigs just lying in a safe.

Seriously. If you are going to get that many cloaks, you first need to find them. If you have that many of any item in the game, of course you are going to be extremely good in that area. People used to say the same thing about shock traps.

Of course that's not really a problem in endless, but you still need to survive the ten first days in order to get there.

When I play endless mode, I expect the mission becoming harder with time.

But with cloak rig, actually just first few day really need me to seriously consider my move. Because cloak rig offered too much fault tolerance. What's the meaning of endless then?

Besides, Collecting 4~6 cloak rig is not very hard since they are cheap and common in store, you can easily done this in 5 days. And this may have same effect. your agents will almost never get caught since then, and you can consider this game end with success.

Why would it be necessary to change the game?

The fun of a game like this is that you can experiment with different builds and different agents. So what if there is a special combination that makes you very powerful?

Just don't buy 16 cloak rigs! Problem solved.

Why would it be necessary to change the game?

The fun of a game like this is that you can experiment with different builds and different agents. So what if there is a special combination that makes you very powerful?

Just don't buy 16 cloak rigs! Problem solved.

Generally, the items in the game are well balanced until you discover a specific combination of gear/augments to exploit them to their full potential. For instance, the Flurry Gun is not particularly overpowered until you combine it with Stim III or Nika.

On the other hand, Cloaking III is just good. Really good, straight out of the box. I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing to patch it out.

How would you remove the problem? Put a limit on the amount of identical items you can hold?

I guess you could then have a character that has as special trait that (s)he can hold more than one identical item in his/her inventory.

I'm thinking changing it effect to: Can also cloak another agent in a radius, and the scope move with the agent who opened cloak.

This will constraint your agents to stick together in order to be cloaked (besides its more reasonable).

How would you remove the problem? Put a limit on the amount of identical items you can hold?

I guess you could then have a character that has as special trait that (s)he can hold more than one identical item in his/her inventory.

How do you remove the problem.  Ummm easy.  Just do not bring Cloaking III - Problem solved.

Now you have to figure out how to beat the game without it.

I'm thinking changing it effect to: Can also cloak another agent in a radius, and the scope move with the agent who opened cloak.

This will constraint your agents to stick together in order to be cloaked (besides its more reasonable).

I think that's overly complicated and annoying to use, which I don't think Klei will want. I'm hoping that if they were to nerf Cloaking 3 it's something simple like a 2nd cloak in a row won't have any effect or guards will shoot at an agent about to cloak.

On the other hand they might not nerf it at all and leave it up to the player to decide how much cheese they want.

I think that's overly complicated and annoying to use, which I don't think Klei will want. I'm hoping that if they were to nerf Cloaking 3 it's something simple like a 2nd cloak in a row won't have any effect or guards will shoot at an agent about to cloak.

On the other hand they might not nerf it at all and leave it up to the player to decide how much cheese they want.

That's fine. After all this is not that kind of game which you should consider about fairness.

Maybe Cloak Rigs could be an armor category item. Something you equip between missions on a special item slot, only one per agent. Some itens are too powerfull and shold be limited.

Sure you can take out cameras with them. Just move into (or orthogonally adjacent to) the camera. It will probably see you unless you are cloaked but you can definitely use buster chips on cameras. You can also use them on drones and on powered guard armor.

The only exception is stuff that is rebooting. For some reason you cannot target rebooting things with buster chips even though Incognito can.

Archived