Whats the point of the game?

eliter

I mean what is the purpose of the game? I'm at the day 50, have everything I need, killed pretty much everything that can be killed and now I'm bored! Is there a higher purpose in this game or is the purpose just to survive as long as you can, because at day 50 I don't feel like playing anymore cause there's nothing more to do! I know that Wilson is trapped in an illusion of some kind, but what am I doing to "save" him? Nothing so far! Maybe developers should think about that!

You have to remember that the game is in beta and 3 months from full release, they have the beginning of the game setup but mid game and end game are still undeveloped and they are currently working on ways of keeping the game difficult no matter what day you're on. The next update will be the first step towards this :) hang in there and for now may I suggest building camps all around your map and fully exploring the whole map?

I don't know about you, but I take my sweet time to do things, especially when I die and use my meat effigies and have to start over, starting with clearing out exploration of the map in sections. It was literally day 138 that I decided to pick up the pace and actually hunt for more things to do, haha. Make my point of the game extend greatly to survial when I take my sweeet time rather than grind to get everything done as fast as possible.

You should try reading the roadmap, it shows what they want to do with the game.

The End GameFree Play Mode:This is the mode that you are playing right now. You get a randomly generated level, and see what you can do. We’ve been working on a new level-generation system in the background for a while now, and once it is complete, you will have more control over what kind of level you are going to play in. You should be able to adjust the overall difficulty of the experience to suit your playstyle by controlling the prevalence of the various biomes and by removing or adding certain features.Story mode:You will be able to build a one-way portal in each world that will take you to a newly generated world. This world will be harder and may be lacking in certain resources or have new types of challenges. You will come into this world carrying whatever you had in your inventory when you left the last one, so pack your backpack carefully. Once you escape from enough worlds, you learn the terrible secret of Don’t Starve. Doing so will unlock some of the more unbalanced options in Free Play mode.

I mean what is the purpose of the game? I'm at the day 50, have everything I need, killed pretty much everything that can be killed and now I'm bored! Is there a higher purpose in this game or is the purpose just to survive as long as you can, because at day 50 I don't feel like playing anymore cause there's nothing more to do! I know that Wilson is trapped in an illusion of some kind, but what am I doing to "save" him? Nothing so far! Maybe developers should think about that!

I believe they are also adding some kind of story mode, so you can find out why he is stuck there, find out who put him there and maybe get him home?They said there will be two modes on full release; the open mode which we have now (which will be more fleshed out, they are adding stuff on a fortnightly basis right now. A LOT of stuff has been added since I bought the game a couple months ago), and there will be the story mode, which will have portals from world to world, and each new world will be stranger and tougher, until you get to the end and whatever that entails