Beefalo Hunting

I'm in a plains biome and don't have any source of food other than beefalo, I'm almost out of carrots so I will need to kill some Soon. I will die if I just whack him with a spear infront of his friends. I am playing as Wilson, so Abigail can't help me (I've heard she's a good beefalo hunter)

Is there an easier way of killing them

Yes, you can use tooth traps and push them onto it. If there's a swamp nearby then lure a pack of them to a tentacle or two. If ur really desperate, find one or push one away from the others and whack him repeatedly with a spear and log suit. You can also try the hit and run tatic on a lone one to avoid injury.

Hit one beefalo and run, whole pack will chase you but after a while of running all will get bored with you and go away but not this one you hit already, so lure him out of the pack area and kill.

Anyway, i'm no recomending to kill them, they are good source of poo and fuur. You can always get some other food.

Edited by Maniek

Try to look around and check if there are Tallbirds around.

You can easily aggro them just hanging around the egg and then run to spot with Beefalo.

Then will stop chasing you after a bit and attack Beefalo. Who ever wins you get meat :)