Question about ROG and the next updates.

80%. All of RoG assets have been implemented (Minus Moggles and Old Bell). Caves aren't in, Maxwell, Wes and Woodie haven't arrived yet, adventure mode hasn't been introduced and so has the parts for the teleportato. 

80%. All of RoG assets have been implemented (Minus Moggles and Old Bell). Caves aren't in, Maxwell, Wes and Woodie haven't arrived yet, adventure mode hasn't been introduced and so has the parts for the teleportato. 

No I mean let's say I was playing in Janaury when the game had 100% content so comparing to what I was playing in Janauary how many percent of new content since janaury were added for exmaple let;'s say game had only

Spiders

5 Buildings

X

Y

Z  

And that was my 100% content so let's say right now we have  all that

Spiders

10 Buildings

X

Y

Z  

Tigers

Buffalos

Giants

Bell

Birds 

So that's like more 100% content because it has x2 of content than I used to play.. so what do you think ?

Counting only multiplayer overworld content, since we got no caves.

What RoG adds:

• Two new seasons, opposed to only two in vanilla. (4 seasons in total) 50% - 50%
  • Two new biomes, opposed to only eight in vanilla. (10 biomes overall) 20% - 80%
  • Two new player-affecting weather effects, opposed to only one in vanilla. (wetness, overheat and freezing) 66% - 33%
  • One more statue, opposed to 2 in vanilla. (3 statues in total) 33% - 66%
  • Two more mob-spawner structures, opposed to roughly 13 in chocolate. (vanilla is rioting) 13.5% - 86.5%
  • One itemdrop spawner, in comparison with only one in vanilla. (tumbleweeds and meteors) 50% - 50%
  • Two characters as a plus, opposed to only six in vanilla. (8 in total) 25% - 75%
  • Three more giants, opposed to only 1 in vanilla. (deerclops is sad, 4 in total) 75% - 25%
  • Nine more mobs, opposed to just 39 in vaneyalley. (48 overall) 18.75% - 81.25%
  • Two more plants (counting trees), opposed to only 16 in vanilla. (18 overall) 11.15% - 88.85%
  • Roughly new 59 items/player-made structures/raw foods, opposing 202 in vanilla. (261 in total) 22.5% - 77.5%
  • 6 new crockpot recipes, opposed to only 25 in vanila. (31, counting wet goop cause why not) 19.5% - 80.5%

It's not a 100.7% exact response, but the answer would be that RoG adds roughly 51% more content to the game. That is the subjective response, as the new mechanics really change the gameplay for the better, so it feels like a whole new game.

This is more of a personal estimation, because I split up everything and counted in categories, as I thought that not everything is of the same importance. If you want to know how many more entities does RoG adds in comparison to Vanilla, that would be 28% more. But I wouldn't trust numbers that much.

Go play it for yourself! RoG is really worth the time!

holy crap, Dipps. You put too much thought into quantifying the unquantifyable XD

I guess so, I've always been that way. But hey, what could a man do for a beer?

I'm just a bit hesitant in how preliminary this estimation is.

Archived