Honest question for Klei

@enragedcamelBETA All things are subject to change based on what vision the developers have for the game. 

So it would be more constructive to start a thread about why you feel such and such should be changed. The devs may have their own reason for having things like they are now but I'm willing to bet that it's mainly just because it's their best idea to deal with that issue at the moment.

Oh and on your topic, if you have a problem with Ghosts (which it doesn't really seem like you do) you can always just play wilderness. 

You gave ghosts the ability to destroy things and set stuff on fire, but you nerfed Willow to make it harder for her to grief people.

I seriously don't get it. Can you explain?

The haunting system was designed way back in 2014 where Seth had the idea of time-limited ghost, where a ghost's health points would slowly drop unless it continuously haunts stuff. So he also added a few drawbacks for the haunting stuff, destructive power, which would force alive players to revive the ghost.

Nerfing Willow is a whole different story. Most players that played Willow were associated with griefers because of the character's overall destructive behaviour, so not only did that cause Willow players to get excluded from public servers, but it also made Willow as a character be hated by many.

They however rebalanced Willow. You may like her better now.

Link here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/54736-game-update-138494-and-138374-632015/

As both Johnny and Dipps have said, the haunting was mad a while back, I won't expect them to change it, but it would be nice if the chance for fires was lower. And as for Nefing Willow, it was because Willow was used as a character in Griefing, she still is, but it's a lot harder to with all the maneuvers made around griefing.

But then again, I don't play Online, I only play in private matches with friends 99% of the time.

character's overall destructive behaviour

Of course this is her super OP ability to save on 2 twigs and 2 grass. (Her nerf was still a dumb decision, however I agree with the durability on the lighter, those things just piled up over time) At least the latest rework of her abilities is pretty good.  

I also still think that Seth's original idea for the Ghost system was better. Give 'em a time limit and if it isn't reached they have to respawn as a new character like in wilderness. Maybe instead of having them haunt things faster the downside could of been that they have a higher chance for the bad effects to happen the longer they remain a ghost.

Of course this is her super OP ability to save on 2 twigs and 2 grass. (Her nerf was still a dumb decision, however I agree with the durability on the lighter, those things just piled up over time) At least the latest rework of her abilities is pretty good.  

I also still think that Seth's original idea for the Ghost system was better. Give 'em a time limit and if it isn't reached they have to respawn as a new character like in wilderness. Maybe instead of having them haunt things faster the downside could of been that they have a higher chance for the bad effects to happen the longer they remain a ghost.

I like this idea. Then if someone dies in a remote spot on the map, if they don't make their way back then they'll be brought back in before (hopefully) causing too much damage. I think it still gives death a weight, and I think in the case of Survival, if everyone dies that feature is temporarily disabled as well, you shouldn't all be dying at once in Survival. As long as one player in the server is alive, then they still have a chance to auto regen, but at the cost of losing everything they had.

The haunting system was designed way back in 2014 where Seth had the idea of time-limited ghost, where a ghost's health points would slowly drop unless it continuously haunts stuff. So he also added a few drawbacks for the haunting stuff, destructive power, which would force alive players to revive the ghost.

Alive players are already forced to revive the ghost due to the sanity drain.

Giving ghosts the ability to burn and destroy things simply encourages griefing.

It's much worse than Willow in my opinion. Willow can still grief like mad, I actually don't see how her nerfs made it more difficult.

Alive players are already forced to revive the ghost due to the sanity drain.

Giving ghosts the ability to burn and destroy things simply encourages griefing.

It's much worse than Willow in my opinion. Willow can still grief like mad, I actually don't see how her nerfs made it more difficult.

You see, the haunting system was made before the Survival gamemode came out - so it has been here ever since before the global ghost sanity drain. In a way, it was the predecessor of the sanity penalty, since the destructive power hold within haunting was the only thing that forced people to revive them.

The devs, simply put, did not remove the haunt effects; they will probably do so when they renew the whole death system of the game (I think it's on the to-do list before finishing Early-Access).

Archived