Natural disasters and rituals

As anyone who survives for about 4 seasons will notice, the game ends up becoming pretty easy, and even a little boring. What I think would be a good idea to get rid of this monotony would be to add natural disasters.

Things like . . .

Tornadoes, which would demolish anything in it's path (be it trees, animals, or even bases).

Plague, which would radically reduce a certain species

Draught, which would kind of work like the summer mechanic with plants and crops

Freak lightning storm, which would be non-stop rain for several days, with increased lightning.

Then there would be rituals, which could be fun to use and help face certain natual disasters.

An example would be a rain dance, which would require materials like a blue gem, a shaman staff (which would require living wood and a purple staff to make), and several sheets of papyrus. It may need different materials, or it may not. What it would do though, is make it rain for a solid day, which would help with crops and obviously help with a draught.

These are just ideas, and I know that not all of them may be fantastic ideas, but I think it would spice up the game and cure the late game boardom. Personally, I like the tornado idea if nothing else.

But what do all of you think?

I think they are adding something like that (to DST) anyway.  Not those ideas specifically but another "natural" disaster that will demolish things randomly.  I am unsure whether there will be any rituals or anything of that like in regards to combating it though.

I like your ideas by the way.

This should be in the Suggestions forum. You know, the place modders go when they're out of ideas and have spare time

The catch is: Modders never have time.

I suppose you're right. As a console restricted player though, I tend to think less of mods. (That isn't entirely true. I long for the day when us console players will be privy to all the wonderous mods out there. However, as that probably won't ever happen I just hope things like this will be added to vanilla)

Archived