[Mod] Additional programs

This mod adds a few new programs that are selectable from the start, but can also be purchased at stores.

POWER BOOST

Generates 4 PWR turn one. Power generated decreases by 1 each turn.

ATTUNEMENT

(I know it's already a daemon) Reduces the Power cost of all programs by 1 (minimum cost is 1)

TIMED BOMB

Plants a bomb that detonates at the end of turn and breaks two firewalls. (2 PWR)

I will add more programs soon! Feel free to leave a suggestion.

scripts.zip

Would you able to add in custom icons for these programs? Because I am able to design said icons.

iNu6XDo.jpg

Also, here's a couple of suggestions:

Axe: Halves firewalls within 3 tiles (rounded down), 5 PWR, 3 turn cooldown.

Fission: Grants 4 PWR, has 6 turn cooldown, each hacked device reduces cooldown by 1 turn.

1) I'd love to add custom Icons, but as far as I can tell, .kwad is still not completely decrypted and functional, which makes custom graphics impossible.

2) I'll probably not update it any time soon, with the upcoming DLC having several new programs, but thanks anyway.

You just need to recreate folders structure and build .kwad by Klei's Builder, if you want of course.

Programs use144x90 size icons for active and inactive states, 100x100 icons for store.

default paths is:

gui\images\gui\icons\programs_icons\

gui\images\gui\icons\programs_icons\Inactive State\

gui\images\gui\icons\programs_icons\store_icons\

active:

post-448854-0-68496000-1434018371.png

inactive:

post-448854-0-55240100-1434018402.png

store:

post-448854-0-64179600-1434018421.png

I'm too late and you already read how to do it in .kwad thread?

I attach those pngs at my previous comment as example/template of icons' format, resolutions and colors etc, to make it not necessary for you to unpack kwads yourself.

Would you able to add in custom icons for these programs? Because I am able to design said icons.

iNu6XDo.jpg

Also, here's a couple of suggestions:

Axe: Halves firewalls within 3 tiles (rounded down), 5 PWR, 3 turn cooldown.

Fission: Grants 4 PWR, has 6 turn cooldown, each hacked device reduces cooldown by 1 turn.

By the way, what program did you use to do that?

The difference is that the timed bomb has a fixed cost instead of an increasing cost, but it is removed after one turn so if you want to break stronger firewalls you have to keep planting new bombs.

The other programs are passive, so they don't have a PWR cost.

Has timed bomb a cool down or can you use it as often as you want and for multiple devices in one turn? Then it is too much better than parasite 2.0. It needs a disadvantage. A further advantage is, that it explodes at the end of a turn, thus bevor the enemy turn. Parasite 2.0 breaks the firewall at the start of the next turn, thus after the enemy's turn.

Timed bomb is a parasite with fixed cost and disappears at end of turn. No cooldown, and I don't know what you are talking about when you say that it explodes on end of players turn, it is on the enemy turn just like parasite.

It may be better than parasite in early game, but when you start to get firewalls stronger than level 3 you need to keep planting them which can become a problem. Besides, I have not made much balance testing. I made this mod for fun and I decide what I think is balanced or not. If you feel that you don't want to use it, don't use it. Nobody will force you to use this mod.

Can you plant more than one timed bomb on one device at the same turn and can you combine timed bomb with parasite?

How to install the mod?

Edit: Ok, I have installed it. But the other questions remains. But I will see, if I buy it.

Archived