My thoughts about Summer

Hello,

I would want to talk a bit about summer season. While I think winter is awesome season with great atmosphere, I don't think summer is as good. There is few things that really bother me and I think it can be easily improved.

1. Summer is by far most "boring" season. There are no special creatures like walrus and the biggest "challenge" in this season it's actually preparation which has to be done in spring, like building flingomatics etc.

2. Overheating visual effect. While freezing effect is great and climatic and player immediately knows what's happening to him, overheating effect is not that good. When I first time experienced overheating, I had no idea what's happening. I thought that's maybe some kind of posion is affecting me or some kind of monster approaching, I had no idea that's actually overheating. Maybe it should be replaced into some kind of sweat effect or something, which would make much more sense and possibly look better.

3. Random fires. I think most people agree with me that bees or birds being randomly set on fire it's a little too much. Maybe I am wrong but I am sure I experienced it at least 3 times when bird randomly started burning. I don't think that makes much sense.

4. Overheating shouldn't happen at night.

I also think summer should cause even faster food spoilage, becuase if you have few farms or bushes, you are overloaded with food.

Hello :)

Here are my $0.02

1. Every Season has a sort of goal/challenge. Spring = Frog Rain/Rain/Lightning/GMoose; Winter = Freezing/Plant Growth inhibitor/Deerclops; for Summer, it's seeing all of your hard work be burned down if you are not prepared. Though it is not as dangerous as the previous Summer where the Dragonfly kills you, maintaining a base/world with people who don't know how to properly play the game is the challenge (resources for the Flingomatic could become too scarce such as the gears where every WX wants to get their hands on them)... as for autumn, this is like a respite... a break if you will...
  2. The current "heat wave" feel to it actually makes sense... sweating would make it look like you're wet (rain effect) and might confuse people...
  3. This is awesome to look at :3
  4. Agreed, though I still think freezing during summer nights could also be debated... (see desert conditions - night/day differences)
  5. Right point, wrong reason (sorry). Food would spoil faster because of the heat, bacteria-and-stuff-because-of-the-warm-temperatures-like-a-corpse-in-the-sun kind of deal...

The current "heat wave" feel to it actually makes sense... sweating would make it look like you're wet (rain effect) and might confuse people...
New prefix "sweaty pig/sweaty swine" has red/orange text if the morning star is used on them does the same damage it does when something or someone is wet, might make things combust into flames.

New prefix "sweaty pig/sweaty swine" has red/orange text if the morning star is used on them does the same damage it does when something or someone is wet, might make things combust into flames.

*reads*

Uhh... that doesn't smell good... sweaty pork... O__O

when something or someone is wet

Summer?

I meant the over-effect... like when you freeze... or get heat-stroke... O__O

I the more sweaty you are the more faster you overheat and lose sanity if you were wet too now think of a number line -100 to 100 sweatness would go as high as -100 just for your information it would be like this in the programming but in the game it would show up as 100 not -100, also I know nothing about programming. xD

I wish i did though. ;-;

Yes, one thing I forgot to add. Temperature dependant of biome. I think on desert player should freeze or overheat much quicker.

I agree with this O___O

Also...

• Forest/Swamp - player gets wet faster
  • Rocky - Absorbs heat... perfect for winter
  • None - None
  • Wooden Floors/carpet floor/marble floor - comfort; sanity regen (shots fired)
  • Grassland - cools player faster
  • Deciduous - roll around on piles of dead leaves and it will feel awesome... O__O

Wooden Floors/carpet floor/marble floor - comfort; sanity regen (shots fired)
This would be great cause what reason would you want to make these floors/collect these floors for your base if you could use brick roads to make you run faster in your base, though you can still use these to make a lureplant farm.

Deciduous - roll around on piles of dead leaves and it will feel awesome... O__O
Wendy would love this. :3 

Hello,

I would want to talk a bit about summer season. While I think winter is awesome season with great atmosphere, I don't think summer is as good. There is few things that really bother me and I think it can be easily improved.

1. Summer is by far most "boring" season. There are no special creatures like walrus and the biggest "challenge" in this season it's actually preparation which has to be done in spring, like building flingomatics etc.
2. Overheating visual effect. While freezing effect is great and climatic and player immediately knows what's happening to him, overheating effect is not that good. When I first time experienced overheating, I had no idea what's happening. I thought that's maybe some kind of posion is affecting me or some kind of monster approaching, I had no idea that's actually overheating. Maybe it should be replaced into some kind of sweat effect or something, which would make much more sense and possibly look better.
3. Random fires. I think most people agree with me that bees or birds being randomly set on fire it's a little too much. Maybe I am wrong but I am sure I experienced it at least 3 times when bird randomly started burning. I don't think that makes much sense.
4. Overheating shouldn't happen at night.

I also think summer should cause even faster food spoilage, becuase if you have few farms or bushes, you are overloaded with food.

I enjoy summer. The days are so long allowing you to get so much done with sanity being a non-issue. Overheating has a pretty noticeable visual effect and your character does sweat just like how he/she will shiver before freezing. The only thing I'd like to be changed about random fires is how they only happen to things on the player screen. I thought everything would have some extremely small, equal chance of getting set on fire so I carried on my business as usual. An entire forest with spider nests, pig houses, evil flowers, totally normal looking tree, etc burned down all because they just happened to be on my screen in the middle of the day. Finally, overheating should happen at night. Just because the sun isn't out doesn't mean it's not hot. That's like saying you shouldn't freeze during the day in winter.

Summer just needs to be less boring, add in some things like how cacti only bloom in summer, well make something else that blooms in a DIFFERENT biome that helps with some other thing, idk.

Also, add in a new mob to act as a Summer Mactusk.

The man problem with these is that they lack agency because with summer being the last season, what else do you have to prepare for? You've don't all the seasons! Hound waves? Yh they are still an issue but you should have enough ways to deal with them by now, and besides, the caves is the solution to that with the Houndious Shootius which needs to be implemented at some point.

Perhaps winter can become harder, like Mega Winter and will be nerfed and so you will have to prepare for Winter in summer and vice versa. But this only occurs in the second winter? Otherwise I cant think of a way to reintroduce urgency. Server I goes on everyone wants to quit after summer because there isn't anything left to do.

Archived