Is it common to have Idle, Battle and Boss musics for games?

For DS it's kind of that idle is the work music instead, but the battle music is included and so is the boss one for each season and for the caves. I wonder whether such structure is common for games. Because, for instance Bionicle Heroes game has a similar structure. Here's an example of Avak's themes:

Idle (Avak's stronghold Low):

Battle (Avak's stronghold High):

Boss battle (Avak's theme):

Is this kind of structure for soundtracks in games common? Or is this just a coincidence?

PS: Imagine replacing some of DS soundtracks with these xD Hmm... may be I could make a mod for that :p

I wish Don't Starve had more music, honestly. 

I suppose by not having any in the morning for example, it's suppose to invoke a... Loneliness feel? I don't know, I just don't feel anything besides a lack of sound. Considering the quality of the music, it pains me to have to get some music up whenever it's daytime or just quiet.

There's a mod for dawn music, though. Look it up. It's nice.

There's a mod for dawn music, though. Look it up. It's nice.

Not really >_>

Had I got the samples to make DS music, I could make better ones. But don't judge, I'm a very critical person.

Personally, I'd love more DS Music. The DS Music is amazing. Even with what music is in the game, that's awesome. But the giants should keep the current boss themes and then bosses like the Tree Guards,  Spider Queen, and any other boss can have their own theme.

I think the soundtrack works fine. But some new dusk music would be nice, it always feels depressing. Also maybe some caves music that doesn't keep you in a state of constant paranoia, so it doesn't feel as if dragonborns were coming to eat you?

Don't worry, we don't judge you for judging things. 

Actually, it's not really judging if you judge someone else's judgement without reason backing you up. It's just huffing and puffing at that point and way too much opinion based.

If you can back your judgement with reason then I'll accept that, if not your point is just huffing and puffing.

And I don't judge you from your judgement on my judgement about judging jugdements about judgements.

And I don't judge you from your judgement on my judgement about judging jugdements about judgements.

No, because what you're doing right now is trying to get me confused. Though it's not working, I'm too smart to get confused by that :p

Actually, it's not really judging if you judge someone else's judgement without reason backing you up. It's just huffing and puffing at that point and way too much opinion based.
well, it's still judging. Irrational Judging. but still judging ;) 

No, because what you're doing right now is trying to get me confused. Though it's not working, I'm too smart to get confused by that
KbzlR4C.png

*judging intensifies* 

You didn't back up your judgement with "reason backing you up" either. You just stated that the music was mediocre and that you could do better. While it takes a special kind of person to say something like that flat-out, it's still an absolutely justifiable thing to say since music is a subjective thing. And while you may have "reasons" in your head you did not give them. So I don't see how you can then turn and call someone else's judgement "huffing and puffing"...if anything that'd be you since your comment was decidedly unmodest ;)

On topic, a lot of games have this type of musical structure, right? Most RPGs have battle and idle music, and most games with bosses have boss music to boot. From the elder scrolls to final fantasy. I'm hard pressed right now to find a game that doesn't structure its soundtrack this way or in a manner very similar to it.

Archived