HOTFIX: May 21, 2015

• Developer

Hey all, we've got some more fixes out the door:

* Non-widescreen aspect ratio support.  Toggle off 'Enforce Widescreen' to allow arbitrary window sizes.
* Subtitle support.  See Options > Video > Subtitles
* Fix a crash/missing anim that occurs if you give away your weapon while in overwatch.
* Fix a graphical issue when rendering using certain Linux drivers.
* Fix a potential error running the game if there were periods in the installation file path.
* Fix cameras in certain orientations not having the correct vision.
* Fix more typos, unlocalized text, and text being cut off using the Russian language pack.
* Fix missing animation that occurs occasionally while the Akuma drone was shooting.
* Fix a crash that could occur after an EMP'd portable server was picked up.
* Allow more responsive firewall breaking in mainframe mode
* Allow standalone builds to select Language options
* Fix sold programs still affecting the game (Seed, Emergency Drip, etc.)
* Fix anatomy analysis consuming PWR when shooting a tag gun
* Xu can disable heart monitors
* Sound effect added when drones are EMP'd
* Fix possible error on shutdown while modal dialogs were active
* Any captured agent (an agent previously on the team) that is not rescued in a detention centre mission will be permanently removed from the game 

UPDATE

*the captured agent change has been updated. Unrescued agents are now added the regular pool of rescuable agents. 

"Any captured agent (an agent previously on the team) that is not rescued in a detention centre mission will be permanently removed from the game"

Huh? So before, if you didn't rescue an agent from a detention centre mission, they might turn up later on? How did that work?

NOTE: The last fix here was not quite complete. There will be another update soon that changes the result from being removed from the campaign permanently to being put back into the pool of available agents to find.  The original bug was that once an agent was MIA, they were ALWAYS the agent that would be found in the detention center until they were rescued. There was no way to escape an agent you didn't want to liberate.

How does this affect currently active endless campaigns? If I update to today's patch and lose someone, will they be gone permanently even after you guys release another patch in the future?

• Developer

Failure to rescue a captured agent during a detention centre will now result in them returning to the pool of potentially rescuable agents.  Make sure you have the latest update from Steam though!

So basically, if you lose an agent during a mission, you can rescue them from the next detention center. However, if you don't rescue them from that, they'll basically lose all their equipment and then you'll just have to get lucky trying to find them again. I imagine that means they lose all their upgrades and items too?

Yes, if an agent is MIA, and you go to a detention center but don't rescue them, they will not be able to show up in future detention centers in that campaign. 

Failure to rescue a captured agent during a detention centre will now result in them returning to the pool of potentially rescuable agents.  Make sure you have the latest update from Steam though!

This doesn't quite answer the question, both answers are contradictory.

From Jason's answer (and the hotfix notes) It sounds like right now, a character who you don't rescue from detention centers are removed permanently. From rooks' answer (and the hotfix notes about a future patch), a character who you don't rescue from detention centers are just re-added to the pool of available detention center agents to choose from.

It sounds like rooks' answer is the desired behavior, but Jason's answer describes the current behavior.

My question is about currently running campaigns: If I update to today's patch and fail to rescue a detention center agent, on a future patch, will they (already permanently removed agents) be added to the pool or will they be removed currently? I don't want to start/continue a campaign only to have it severely and permanently nerfed due to what appears to be undesired current behaviors in the game. As-is, it sounds like I should just not update to today's patch, and just wait for t he issue to be solved.

• Developer

Sorry for the confusion.  Today's patch consisted of two updates, hence the seeming contradiction.  When Jason posted his update, he was correct at the time.  When I posted, the game was updated to implement the desired behaviour.

To be clear: If you are on the latest build, an abandoned agent will always appear on the FIRST visit to the next detention centre (as was the case up until today).  However, after today's patches, if you fail to rescue that agent, the agent will return to the pool of potential agents that can appear on subsequent visits to detention centres rather than *always* appearing.

Sorry for the confusion.  Today's patch consisted of two updates, hence the seeming contradiction.  When Jason posted his update, he was correct at the time.  When I posted, the game was updated to implement the desired behaviour.

To be clear: If you are on the latest build, an abandoned agent will always appear on the FIRST visit to the next detention centre (as was the case up until today).  However, after today's patches, if you fail to rescue that agent, the agent will return to the pool of potential agents that can appear on subsequent visits to detention centres rather than *always* appearing.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification!

Yes, if an agent is MIA, and you go to a detention center but don't rescue them, they will not be able to show up in future detention centers in that campaign. 

Ohhhh, now I get it, it was just the way it was phrased.

I'm curious about this as well.

Will Prism, Sharp, the Archive agents, and the 2 "secret" agents be able to be found in Detention centers at some point?

Definitely would like this, although a couple of the archive agents will be a little plain without their items.

Can we see Prism and Sharp in detention now?

Check  SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\InvisibleInc\scripts.zip\modules\serverdefs.lua

And see for yourself, actually you can add alternative agents there if you want.

local TEMPLATE_AGENCY =

{

name = "",

nextID = 100,

unitDefs = {},

unitDefsPotential =

{

-- These are potential rescueable units. DONT ADD ANYTHING THAT ISN'T RESCUEABLE.

-- and give them ONLY WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO RESCUED UNITS.

createAgent( "stealth_1", { "augment_deckard" } ),

createAgent( "engineer_2", { "augment_international_v1" } ),

createAgent( "sharpshooter_1", { "augment_shalem" } ),

createAgent( "stealth_2", { "augment_banks" } ),

createAgent( "sharpshooter_2", { "augment_nika" } ),

createAgent( "engineer_1", { "augment_tony" } ),

},

cash = 500,

cpus = 10,

blocker = false,

}

You can check sim\unitdefs\agentdefs.lua for names and such.

If you want to add Sharp and Prism to rescuable agents just add:

createAgent( "cyborg_1", { "augment_sharp_1" } ),

createAgent( "disguise_1", { "augment_prism_2" } ),

to other createAgent lines.

Btw it does apply only to new game, e.g. if you load your save from before changing file your agent pool is same as before.

I'm curious about this as well.

Will Prism, Sharp, the Archive agents, and the 2 "secret" agents be able to be found in Detention centers at some point?

From a story point of view, adding the 2 "secret" agents to detention centers would hardly make any sense, don't you think? :/ (Especially if you don't even rescue them...)

But Sharp and Prism should be in the detention center pool - i mean there is absolutely no reason that they aren't, or is there?

So, sorry for bringing this up again, but just to be clear: From now on, you can never erase any agent permanently from the game, given you find enough detention centers and have luck on your side, right? This is a good thing in my opinion.

And: What happens if I lose two agents and go to a detention center? :p

I haven't had the chance to test this yet, but if you play a mission, lose an agent, then recover them from a detention center, do they keep their upgrades (speed, hacking, strength, anarchy) or do they revert to their original levels?

For future readers:

Patch files are posted in the game download section on GOG.com (same location the main game was downloaded).

There may be a delay in availability (the May 21 patch was made available today, on May 26) and not all hotfixes are uploaded as they are deployed on Steam (only the May 21 patch is available, though it presumably contains the fixes for the previous hotfixes).

Archived