Killable Pig Kings - Regicide!

At present nothing can even scratch the pig king. Let's do something about that.

The Pig King has 3000 Health (More than any existing creature) but no defences of it's own. When attacked, it will squeal, turning all pigs nearby hostile and summoning eight guardian pigs to fight on his behalf.

When killed, the pig king will drop 4 gold, 8 meat and 1 Royal Meat, a unique item. (See below)

The king's body will lie in state, taking up space, for 18 days (A Quarter of a year) when it is replaced by a Pig Regent. Another immobile pig of lesser girth. Another 18 days later he will be replaced in turn by the Pig Prince, a royal of large girth. Another 36 days after that, the Pig Prince balloons in girth into a new Pig King.

The Pig Regent had only 750 health, summons 2 guardians when attacked and gives only a quarter of the gold normally given out for meat or trinkets. (Rounding down)

The Pig Prince has 1500 health, summons 4 guardians when attacked and gives out half the gold from meat or trinkets.

Royal Meat is an immensely satisfying food item (100 Hunger, 25 Sanity, 25 Health) and can be cooked to make the Soverign Steak, (150 Hunger, 30 Sanity, 30 Health).

If either the Royal Meat or Sovereign Steak are cooked in a Crockpot, they become the Grand Burgher, a unique food item which restores ALL health, Hunger and Sanity.

If Royal Meat, Soverign Steak or Grand Burgher are given to the Pig Regent or Pig Prince, they will immediately mature to the next stage of their life cycle.

If Royal Meat, Soverign Steak or Grand Burgher are given to a normal Pig or Pig Guardian they will become eternally loyal to the player until they are killed.

If Royal Meat, Soverign Steak or Grand Burgher are given to a Pig King (tricky, since it'll have probably spoiled by then) the pig king will reward the player with 16 gold.

If Royal Meat, Soverign Steak or Grand Burgher are given to or eaten by a spider, they will immediately form a level 3 spider nest and grow into a Spider Queen within a day.

The idea doesn't sound bad, the numbers are arguable (in my opinion a bit too high). That special meat treat reminds me of royal jelly :razz:

EDIT: There's already this mod, but it sounds... not so much like actual DS content.

EDIT: I estimate that all core features of your idea are doable by mods.

I figured it was by design that Pig Kings can't be killed, as they are the only renewable source of gold on a map once the gold mines are depleted.

If you mined all your gold and killed your Pig Kings, you would literally not be able to continue the game after some time.

Well, that's why the Porcine Rex Lineage continues. So eventually you'll have more gold.

There's lots of non-renewable resources in the game and you can already screw yourself over pretty badly with some poor choices.

This is basically just a bit of fun for challenge-hunters.

Pigs are already okay with eating the meat of their dead buddies, why not their dead king? (It tastes sooooo gooood.)

Though the interactions with Merms is interesting. Maybe they wouldn't automatically attack you so long as you're carrying the Royal Meat?

The idea seems reasonable and I don't think it would require much of a trouble to make, also if the group is smaller.

The only thing I wouldn't agree with is the time of the king-to-king cycle. I mean 1 entire gameplay year to get a pig king back seems a bit too much in my opinion, also if someone is looking for a challenge.

Pigs are already okay with eating the meat of their dead buddies, why not their dead king? (It tastes sooooo gooood.)

O__O This quote + your forum pic makes it doubly creepy.... *backs away*

On a different note, maybe you can speed up the process of finding a new King by making a grass skirt! You know that humongous thing the Pig King wears? Craft it using 10 rope and 40 grass. And if you give it to a Prince he immediately becomes King.

Archived