[SPOILERS] Eurogamer check out the new final mission! (Video)

Hello!

I'm Chris, one of the video people from Eurogamer. We've been mucking around with an early review copy of Tuesday's full release and we think it's pretty great.

Anyway! As Klei have very kindly not showered us in video restrictions (cheers for that), we thought it might be fun to show off the new final mission.

You can find it right here, if you don't mind the spoilers:

I'll be around if you've got any questions about this video!

That's great, Chris, you just make those incredibly long 7-8 hours of waiting less painful ^_^

but no, after 5-6 seconds I stop the video to avoid spoilers, but thanks

Have you some non-final mission video maybe?

I won't watch this because of the content (and because the game will be out in a few hours), but it's cool to see Klei putting on a clinic in Early Access, pre-release teasing, few restrictions, etc.

You guys are the best.

Not watching this. What's the point of waiting for the devcast or showing other people playing the final version if you don't make it available to us? 

if it's to cause great frustration well then good job.

Not watching this. What's the point of waiting for the devcast or showing other people playing the final version if you don't make it available to us? 

if it's to cause great frustration well then good job.

They are making the final version available to us — and earlier than the general population. This is to promote and market the game so more people buy it and Klei can stay in the business of making good games. You have a choice about whether to watch the video or not, too!

With having upped its colourful and futuristic aesthetic, the game now looks even more like an inofficial spinoff to Bullfrog's Syndicate series (or the more recent Satellite Reign, if you will) that focuses on a completely different side of the corporation wars, and is literally the antithesis to those games, gameplay-wise. I for one am not complaining, not at all :) .

They are making the final version available to us — and earlier than the general population. This is to promote and market the game so more people buy it and Klei can stay in the business of making good games. You have a choice about whether to watch the video or not, too!

I know I just don't get the connection between the devcast and the release for early testers, the game is obviously finished and some people apparently got the final release already (the people posting these videos, I'm guessing game reviewers? idk I haven't watched it).

I understand that they want to promote the game to the general public and show all the features and gameplay and what not of a finished product, but I don't understand the limitation to early testers to wait for after the devcast. We already purchased the game so we're not their target audience and being the ones who are actively waiting for the game as opposed to potential buyers surely we wouldn't want to spoil the wait of months to "watch" the final mission instead of playing it..  so what's the rationale here?

I know my reaction says more about me that it does about klei but I just wanted to voice my frustration.

It's not the final mission. It's one out of an infinite amount. Yes, it's definitely a spoiler for people who never got to see the high-tier corporations at work, but it's not the same as e.g. spoiling the ending in a plot-based game :) .

I know I just don't get the connection between the devcast and the release for early testers, the game is obviously finished and some people apparently got the final release already (the people posting these videos, I'm guessing game reviewers? idk I haven't watched it).

I understand that they want to promote the game to the general public and show all the features and gameplay and what not of a finished product, but I don't understand the limitation to early testers to wait for after the devcast. We already purchased the game so we're not their target audience and being the ones who are actively waiting for the game as opposed to potential buyers surely we wouldn't want to spoil the wait of months to "watch" the final mission instead of playing it..  so what's the rationale here?

I know my reaction says more about me that it does about klei but I just wanted to voice my frustration.

I get what you're saying. I'm certainly not watching the stream if I haven't played the game at all by that point. I'll just watch the video afterward. 

Archived