Updated Installation Folder

• Developer

Hey everyone,

Today we're updating Don't Starve Together's installation directory from "Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta" to "Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together".

Does this mean that we're out of beta now? Nope! It simply means that we want to iron out any issues with running the game from the other installation directory before we leave Early-Access. For more info about what’s upcoming, see http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/53413-dont-starve-together-floodgates-are-opening-soon/

Players that currently have DST installed will continue to see their game run from "Don't Starve Together Beta" until they uninstall/reinstall their game. New users will have their installs go directly to "Don't Starve Together". There’s no requirement to change to the new directory, we’ll continue to support both directory paths.

We've updated all the tools that reference the current directory, but if you run into any issues, please let us know.

• Developer
what about rename it in steam library?

Technically we're still in Beta/Early-Access, so the Library name likely won't change until we officially launch the game.

Yup, that's it. The directory name for new installations.

:| <= see that face? That's the face of dissapointment (but seriously! An announcement for renaming your directory?! What?! I might as well rename my directory without downloading anything! Because why not?!)

@PeterA, Was the update just now supposed to change the directory? It didn't do it, for me, but it did change a lot of stuff related to moisture.

Also, some changes to the bearger look like they cause crashes if someone had a save with him out already, because it tries to load this without a failsafe:

_numSpawned = data.numSpawned

• Developer

@XirmiX, hah, yes, it's a very minor change, but wanted to post a notice about it so that people didn't think this meant we were coming out of Beta.

Actually, I don't believe that you can just rename the folder. Steam then gets confused and thinks your game has been deleted.

• Developer

@rezecib, today's update is actually separate from the installation directory name change. The directory name won't actually change for you unless you actually re-install the game (no need to do it though). We pushed another fix for the beargers issue. Let us know if you still have any issues with it!

Archived