Directors who are on this forum, I appeal to you.

Everyone knows the film "Indie Game: The Movie" about game "Super Meat Boy" and its creator Edmund McMillen.

Please make the film about the game "Don't Starve" and its creators Klei Entertainment. They are great people and I love them.

Thank you. Bye.

"Indie Game: The Movie" about game "Super Meat Boy" and its creator Edmund McMillen.
well, it's not really about the SMB team... It's just that they are the only interesting part. And I don't think that is solely on Klei's part to choose, since there's already this "IGTM2" Game loading documentary, and Klei is very much bigger than the devs of those games.

However, after reading the dev commentaries in Mark of the Ninja, would look foward to seeing some kind of formal(ish) documentary about any of their newer games.

I'm going to throw up if this is real....

Out of disgust

Little off topic, but I found Indie game the movie really sad for some reason. It just had a really sad vibe to it ;/

Get yah sick bags out, because the fnaf movie is true....

Honestly, I really want it to turn out as a surprise hit. I like the concept and what little story there is of a games, but i'm finding it hard to picture it being a good movie unless they change it alot from the games.

Not saying you can't have a movie about a guy stuck in a room for most of a movie, just thinking it would be bloody difficult to make really good.

I think the movie would be better off animated then live action, though.

And yes, ain't seen the indie game movie, but it doesn't look so happy. 

I'm going to throw up if this is real....

I blame the community. I mean, it's not a bad game, but yeah, the community itself ruined it.

Okay, back on topic, I don't even know how they could make a DS Movie right now. I mean, we don't have the full story of the game at this molment, we're waiting on Klei to throw us more story.

I blame the community. I mean, it's not a bad game, but yeah, the community itself ruined it.

Okay, back on topic, I don't even know how they could make a DS Movie right now. I mean, we don't have the full story of the game at this molment, we're waiting on Klei to throw us more story.

The most we could have right now is a five to ten minute movie about Maxwell/William Carter, but even ten minutes would be pushing it since there is so little, and unless they add more to it instead of just doing the poor guys misfortune as to how he got in the don't starve world in the first place, even though i'd love to see it animated, there would be little point to do it.

I mean, little things, like... What did his parents think of him when he wanted to be a magician? How did he get along with his brother? Was his decent into the darker parts of the mind a very gradual change or was it more of a sudden shift with the mysterious book? What things did he try and do with the books knowledge? All sorts of things could be done here... Perhaps tell the passage of time as to how long the poor sod has been stuck in the world. If Maxwell is just a mental shield William created to protect himself from Them, how did the poor guy fair against it all, going farther into the darkness with the passage of time? What about poor Charlie? Geez....

Yes, a short animated movie would be fine at this stage, but anything bigger is impossible to do.

mean, we don't have the full story of the game at this moment, we're waiting on Klei to throw us more story.

I wish they would show the back stories in a similar fashion as the William Carter Puzzles as well...

There's always the option of making an animated movie revealing their back stories... 10 min shorts... short exciting and concise... or 20 min episodes with full "anime" feel but done in Klei's original Don't Starve art-style...

Archived